News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Defence of Bekrin- Sisters of Battle at a narrative tournament.

Started by Scyrex Deledras, November 05, 2012, 03:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scyrex Deledras

**Transmission incoming**
Transmitter: Astro-Terminus Weydon
Reciever: Astro-Terminus Marr
Directed to: Prioress Magdale, Order of the Blessed Damsel, Cathedral of Deliverence, Nantus
Compiled: Palatine Avriel Solemnas, Tertius Preceptory, Bekrin
Transmission clearance: Alpha-1L9NM-Saffron
Thought for the day: Belief is suffering. Doubt is perdition.

Prioress,

As per your request, I am writing to you with a full report of the defence of Bekrin in the Jericho Reach, of which our Preceptory took part. While I am confident that you may have already heard official reports from the scribes of the Segmentum Command, I am also certain that you desire the unfiltered truth of our actions. Let this, then, stand as both report and confession. As the God-Emperor is my eternal lord and judge, everything transmitted in this document is the truth, no matter what doubting or slanderous voices may say to the contrary. May the Emperor, Beloved of All and Most Benevolent Ruler of Humankind, strike me down if I write any falsehood.

Our Preceptory was undergoing reformation after our defence of Rosethorn from Eldar raiders roughly five standard months ago. Although we managed to defeat the xenos, we lost many Sisters in the battle, including our Canoness, Isobel Deschain, who had succumbed to Eldar poison after hours of continuous fighting. Our Canoness had served the God-Emperor piously and dutifully for many years, and throughout her career she had distinguished herself through exemplary feats of martial prowess, valour, and unflinching devotion and faith. It is relevant to this report that, on many a battlefield, Canoness Deschain had taken a seemingly mortal blow only to recover and fight on, leading to many murmurings among my Sisters that she was perhaps uniquely blessed by the God-Emperor

Scyrex Deledras

ROUND 1- PLANETFALL

Upon landing on Bekrin, we were immediately contacted by Brother-Captain Roland of the Blood Angels, who had been nominated as the overall Imperial commander on Bekrin, and given orders for deployment. Though our foremost desire had been to take up defensive positions in Sanctifer, Bekrin

Scyrex Deledras

Game 2- Land Grab

In the aftermath of our disastrous battle in the Hinterlands, we were forced to withdraw east behind the the Siegmund Line, hoping that the fortifications would give us time to restock and refuel should the Necrons pursue us. In a discussion with my fellow Sisters Superior, I learned that they, too, had seen Isobel, though some among the lower ranks of our Sisters saw different things

Scyrex Deledras

Round 3- Counter-Attack

In the aftermath of our battle with the Foetid Host, the war for Bekrin dragged on unremittingly.  Battles, orbital bombardments and scorched earth campaigns pockmarked the planet

Scyrex Deledras

We descended upon Redgate Spaceport by cover of night, hoping to catch the World Eaters by surprise. As we approached, our long-range scanners detected the Chaos Space Marines under the shadow of the main landing pad, apparently engaged in some sort of blood-ritual. Chanting Berzerkers formed circles around pairs of opponents who cut, slashed and hacked at one another in bloody axe-duels. The violence of the event, and the enthusiasm with which it held the World Eaters in thrall, worked to our advantage, for the hollers and roars of the assembled Berzerkers drowned out even the sounds of our engines as we approached the Spaceport

BigToof

Scryex has returned!!!!

And with it comes this, epic, epic rep.

As a mod, I always have to be super-critical of reps to think of their karma-worthiness when the posters crest that "magic" barrier that is 20 karma.
So if I give out karma, it has to be for something really special.

And a 6th ed rep that spans THREE pages for a slam-bang walloping amazing battle between the returning "Saint" Isobel and the forces of Chaos/Necron-whatevers is truly awesome with fluff that again astounds me.

So, yes, Karma'd :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Arguleon-veq

Amazing report as always, I loved the fluff. Celestine is certainly a game changer for Sisters, im suprised im not seeing her more in other armies as an ally. Very unlucky in that second game, with it being a narrative campaign and ending on turn 3 I would have let you have the win seeing as though had you known it would end so early you would have got the sisters out.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Rej

Great Report, took me awhile to get around to reading it, but well worth the wait. Can't wait for your next tournament and follow up report!
Phew...