News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

New Heresy Era Space Marines

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, September 20, 2012, 09:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, so we have new Space Marine Jetbike. A nother new Landrader Chassis tank and a Space Marine Baneblade.

Seriously, a Space Marine Super Baneblade. Anyone else unsuprised? I get that its Heresy, but even so I fond it annoying.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Events/UK_Games_Day_2012.html

Other thoughts?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

In order of appearence:

The Baneblade looks stupid.

The Legion pieces are bland and flat looking.

The LR Model looks ridiculous.

RoB sections seem ed boring.

SM Jetbikes look like oversized Plasma Cannons with a Heavy Bolter stuck up the business end with a SM stradling it.

The Pads sets have been featured twice, and weren't really needed.

Legion Decals and Etched brass also not needed.

Magma Dragon and "Encarnate of Fire" are the only things that lookinteresting.

salamut2202

I don't mind the Felblade, looks like just a super heavy version of the heresy era tank.

I'm glad  that the imperium lost the technology to make jet bikes on a mass scale, they look like sex toys.

The seige landraider thing isn't horrible, could make for an easy landraider ares. It looks funny though.

I have no strong feelings for anything else.

Will's on Fire

I'm beginning to get kind of tired of seeing forgeworld take a current space marine tank and strap another weapon system to it. Maybe they could come up with something original and different as a tank or soemthing it would make these releases more appealing to me.

Also,

Wargamer

Am I the only one who thinks those Jetbikes resemble giant flying penises?

No wonder the Emperor's Children turned out like they did - I seem to recall they used quite a lot of Jetbikes. :P
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Narric

Quote from: Wargamer on September 20, 2012, 08:38:41 PM
Am I the only one who thinks those Jetbikes resemble giant flying penises?
I was thinking turds. Though the penis comparison does make sense also.

Tempest Six Two

Considering the pain and suffering I'm currently going through with a set of Crusade armoured assault
Marines, there is nearly no way I'll buy any of this new stuff, no matter how flashy it may be. Resin is the worst, period.

The jetbikes remind me of the Blastolene Special car owned by Jay Leno... Pre-war racecar like...
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Matt1785

Hrm,

Love the new kits and will surely be getting a bunch of them to go with the rest of my pre-heresy army... besides the Jetbikes of course which I do think look stupid.

The terminators look awesome, they're really nice IMHO.  Heavy duty suits that look great and they are going to be good to magnetize and start hammering.

The book looks amazing and let's not forget Angron, who looks really nice.  I don't know, I really like where the stuff is going.

On a side note, they already said that over the next few years all Aliens will get a look in an Imperial Armour book and the next book will be Necrons... let's face it, marines sell, and you focus on what you're selling.

Fantasy stuff I definitely like and with our current campaign ending in a Storm of Magic game that will be huge is going to be great and I am hoping they come out with some more large monsters over the next few weeks so I can grab one that fits my Vampires better.

InsaneTD

One of my local GW storemembers said the Heresy books will be stand alone from the main game. Is that true?

Rej

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on October 02, 2012, 01:49:52 AM
One of my local GW storemembers said the Heresy books will be stand alone from the main game. Is that true?

Yeah I think it is, not completely though, I think you'll still need the rulebook. But the Heresy books are completely seperate part of Forgeworld, just like warhammer forge is seperate from everything else. So basically ForgeWorld have 3 lines now, Imperial Armour, Warhammer Forge and Horus Heresy.

You'll Use the Heresy books to play Heresy games, not 40k, that wouldn't make sense!
Phew...

Charistoph

Quote from: Rej on October 02, 2012, 02:01:37 AM
You'll Use the Heresy books to play Heresy games, not 40k, that wouldn't make sense!

Why not, time in the warp is even more confusing than trying to hear The Doctor explain it in his reality.

And people always like to use the models they have.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

InsaneTD

Tournament wise, you'll never see one of these armies face a standard 40K army, or vice a verser. But that probably won't stop people doing it in a friendly game.

Charistoph

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on October 03, 2012, 01:12:01 AM
Tournament wise, you'll never see one of these armies face a standard 40K army, or vice a verser. But that probably won't stop people doing it in a friendly game.

I wouldn't say never, for local tournaments, but for the larger/regional/national ones, quite likely.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."