News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Countering Flyers

Started by Carrelio, July 28, 2012, 02:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Quote from: knightperson on July 29, 2012, 06:51:41 PM
Quote from: crisis_vyper on July 29, 2012, 03:05:00 PM
Quote from: knightperson on July 29, 2012, 05:08:26 AM
Anyway, the weakness of a flyer-heavy list is that there is a rule somewhere that if you ever have all of your units off the field after the first turn, that's considered a Tabling, even if you still have things in reserve.

It is the weakness of Daemons (or any reserve-based army) as well, which is why a lot of Daemon players are now taking allies as well to mitigate this weakness to an extent. If that first wave is obliterated, they lose the game.

True in priciple. In practice I haven't seen it as much of a problem. Maybe if you land an all Slaanesh force for your first wave you could be in danger of an early tabling, but that's why I lead with Tzeentch. Well, that and the fact that I like shooting better than assault anyway. Unless you have terrible luck with the scatters of a Tzeentch opening act, your first half is going to be facing far less than the full enemy's strength. Depending on the opposing army, he will still probably outnumber you at the Bottom of One, but not by a lot, and 2/3 of your remaining force is coming in on Turn 2.

In 5th edition even against the leaf blower list I never got tabled like that. I have been tabled before a few times, but it is realy hard to table a Tzeentch army like that. Especally with Fateweaver coming in on turn one.

1. You firing before the other guy and I have reduced the enemy army by 25%-75% with my Tzeentch fire power. The time the other army gets to do anything it can return fire with 25%-75% of it's army left, and even than that is not counting vehicles I have shaken or stunned when I deep striked in.

2. Your whole army have +4 or better saves. It is easy to table an army denying that army from saving, but with your whole army at worst have a 50% chance of dying it is really hard to table Tzeentch like that.

Even with Grey Knights denying deep striking, etc I never encountered a problem like you said. I am with Knightperson and say it is very rare to do so. If the enemy can than yor rolled really bad and they rolled really good to do so.