News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Narric [Black Templar] vs Will [Orks] | [750pts]

Started by Narric, June 26, 2013, 12:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Yet another Battle Report for you guys :P

Our own Will on Fire asked me for a game against his Orks List. Despite knowing my list, he didn't take the chance to tweak and tailor his army, so praise to him.

My list was kind of already made before I knew I was facing Will, so it didn't quite follow the "Slayer" format Arguleon-Veq suggested in the last Bat-rep.

This game had some intereting moments. Where something really cool or hilarious happens, i'll be sure to include the actual game text ;) I'll edit out unimportant text.

My List:
Spoiler
HQ
Castellan Dreryn - Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Crusader Seals, Artificer Armour, Bionics, Auspex
Warlord Trait - Inspiring Presence
108pts
Emperors' Champion - "Suffer not The Unclean to Live"
125pts

Troops
Crusader Squad (5) - 5x Initiates, 1x Multi-Melta, 1x Meltagun
100pts
Crusader Squad (5) - 5x Initiates, 1x Power Sword, 1x Flamer
96pts

Fast Attack
Land Speeder - Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Pattern
70pts

Heavy Support
Land Raider - Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, 2x Twin-linked Lascannon
250pts

Total = 749pts

Wills' List:
Spoiler
HQ
Big Mek – Kustom Force Field – 85
Warlord Trait - Conqueror of Cities

Elites
Lootas (13) – 195

Troops
Boyz (11) – Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole – 106
Trukk – Red Paint Job – 40
Boyz (12) – Nob, Power Klaw, Boss Pole – 112
Trukk – Red Paint Job – 40
Gretchin (14) – Runtherd – 52

Heavy Support
Looted Boomwagon – Boomgun, big shoota, 'ard case – 120

Field Deployment - Vanguard
Orks
A Large group of Lootas took positions in the Ork Fort that had been hastily setup.
The Trukks and Boomwagon deployed to the north of the Fort.

Black Templars
The Inferno Crusader Squad set up next to the disused troop carriers.
Castellan Dreryn took the second Crusader squad and boarded the Land Raider. It moved into position beside the carriers.
The Emperors' Champion strode forward to the side of the Land Raider.

Mission - The Emperors' Will

Turn 1
Orks
The Ork Vehicles rushed forward. One trukk flanking the Inferno Crusaders, whilst the second gunned straight for the gunpit. the Boomwagon deliberatly lagged behind, chosing the best position to target the Land Raider.

Choosing their target, the Lootas hefted their guns at the lone Champion. They unleashed a heavy salvo or metal rain. Champion Galtus was winded briefly, but soon recompossed himself, and shrugged off the pathetic ballistic attack.
Ork Loota Shooting
<Fire at Will> - Lootas at champion
<Fire at Will> - d3 shots each
<Fire at Will> rolls a D3 = 3
<Fire at Will> - 3 each
<Narric> - 39 shots :P
<Fire at Will> rolls To-Hit for 39 attacks:
To-Hit needing 5+ (1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6), getting 13 hits = 13 hits
<Fire at Will> rolls To-Wound for 13 hits:
To-Wound needing 2+ (2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6) = 13 Wounds
<Fire at Will> - 13 saves then
<Narric> rolls 13 times to Save:
Rolling 13 Saves, needing 2+, (2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6), resulting in 0 total unsaved Wounds.
<Narric> - Bring it on

The Boomwagon locked on its target, and the main gun shuddered as it fired. At first it looked to miss, but struck the front facing of the Land Raider. As dust and paint chippings settled, no damage could be seen on the behemoth black vehicle.

Battlefield Snapshot:

BT
Wasting no time, Champion Galtus raced forward, easily matching and out pacing the Land Raider beside him.

The Land Raider Rolled ominously forward, and made a small adjustment to it direction. By the Power of the Machine Spirit, its Lascannons were fully unlocked. In an unforgiving display of Firepower, the Land Raider targeted the Meks' Trukk. in a single volley, it was easily destroyed, but was not enough to stop it kareening closer. The vehicle exploded, the firey expanse partial engulfing the Emperors' Champion but not causing him harm, and its boistrous occupants disembarked. Four Orks however were caught in the explosion.

Turn 2
Orks
Much to the dismay of the Runtherder, the Grots managed to charge their way onto the battlefield. Their senseless chattering and wasting of bullets on various clouds were quickly ceassed by the Runtherd once he caught up to the pint-sized greenskins.

The second trukk stopped sharply infront f the ruins, and it Ork Passengers threw themselves out onto the rubble and trash of the destroyed building.

The Lootas tried to take down the Champion again, but many seemed to jam their weapons during the volley. Champion Galtus barely paused or flinched at the metalic rain.

The Boomwagon fired its main gun at the Land Raider again. The Ork crew must have been fighting inside the vehicle, as the shot went far wide of the intended target.

The Surviving Trukk quickly raced away from the Land Raiders Position. Possibly to try and relocate the Lootas.

The Mek order his boys to charge the Land Raider, making sure to put the Nob in the best place to use the Power Klaw. With a couple mighty swings, the Nob struck lucky, and caused a severe mechanical failure within the Land Raider. The engines sputtered, and refused to re-activate.

Battlefield Snap-shot: Orks Turn 2 Shooting Phase

BT
The Typhoon pattern Land Speeder entered the sky-space above the battlefield. In haste, the pilot miss-judged the descent, and it thrusters were damaged. The Speeder was deep in the water, but at least its weapon sytems survived to cause havoc.

The Castellan disembarked with his Crusaders. They turned to face the Greenskins, all raising their Pistols. Recognising the Warlord Mek, Champion Galtus turned also, and joined the volley. Half the orks were ripped apart by pistol fire and Flamer Prometheum, and the Mek himself was wounded.

The Speeder fired carefully guided missiles to the Orks near the Inferno Crusaders. Unfortunately, passing through the Meks Kustom Fore Field disturbed the Frag Missiles guidance systems causing them to crush into the ruins harmlessly. The Heavy Bolter was more advantageous, killing a single ork at long distance.

The Land Raider fired over the Orks, vengefully striking the Boomwagon. Lascannon and Heavy Bolter firepower easily tore through the armour, and the wagon exploded.

Castellan Dreryn ordered a charge, with Champion Galtus following suit. Within moments, Galtus issued a challenge to the Orks. Foolishly, the Ork Nob accepted the challenge. he Nob was quickly sliced apart by the Champion.
Dreryn heft his Power Sword, and with precise strikes,  cut through a further two Orks. His Marine Brethran pressed forward instride, and easily overpowered the remaining Warlord Mek.

Turn 3
Orks
Despite the loss of their Warlord, the Orks still managed to muster up enough energy to call a Waaaaagh!!!.

The remaining Trukk fired upon the sitting duck Land Speeder. With litle chance to avoid the ballistic assault, the Speeder was destroyed.

The Lootas changed their Target, aiming at the Castellan and his accompanying Marines. They managed an impressive volley before their weapons jammed again. Each marine felt the metal rain upon his army, and only one was unfortunate enough to fall. Brother Vehkos had been warned about taing to the field without his helmet.
The Marines charged forward towards the Lootas, feeling their honour being blackened by the death of a brother.

The Reaining Ork Boys Charged the Inferno Crusaders. They took few casualties from suppressive fire. In combat, the Crusaders fought visciously, defending themselves defiantly against twice their number, one marine even shouted amidst the combat "WE WILL NOT BE BROKEN!!!!". The fight continued long afterwards, with nither side giving any quarter.

BT
With his Brothers still locked in Combat, Galtus chose to turn towards the Troops carriers and ran to aid his brothers.

Castellan Dreryn lead his Crusader closer towards the Lootas, at a sharp pace.

The Land Riader opened fire upon the final Trukk. it kareened off to an uncontested quarter of the battlefield and exploded harmlessly.

Wasting no time the Crusaders of Squad Inferno killed two more Orks. They aso sustained no loses of their own, despite being only three men against near three times their number. Seeing a fight where he was doomed to failure, the Nob broke off, and compelled his Boyz to flee.

Turn 4
Orks
the Lootas continued their attempts to drown the Castelland and Crusaders with metal rain. One more Marine fell, but so did the distance between the Marines and the Orks.

BT
The Marines were nearly in the face of the Orks, but the Land Raider gave one more volley of destruction, blasting the ramshackle fort, and killing an Ork.

The Marshall and his last Marines fired. Many Orks felt the heat or prometheum. Before the Orks had chance to retaliate, the Marines charged forward into their ranks. The Orks tried to gun andcut the Marines down as they crashed through the makeshift Fort, One marine fell to psitol fire, but the rest of the Orks' attacks were to no avail. The Castellan slew two Orks, whilst the last standin Marine killed a third. The Lootas could not withstand such fury, and so broe away, fleeing the battlefield.

Turn 5
Orks
In a last attempt to kill the Marines, the Lootas fired. Brother Fyros' flamer fuel tank was rupture, and engulfed him in prometheum fire. Only Castellan Dreryn was left standing, as a swarm of Grots circled around. they first tried to take him down with pistol shots, but when that failed they threw their own bodies. Dreryn easily crippled the tiny Greenskins, but forgot the Runtherder. Recovering from being winded, Dreryn still fought on.

BT
Ready for another round, Dreryn cut down more Grots, and easily defended himself from their weak clawings. Not even the Runtherder could land a telling blow on the Castellan. Sustaining enough loses, the Grots ran, carrying with them the Runtherder.

With this, the Greenskins had bee routed from the battlefield, and victory was in the hands of the Templars.

Endgame Snapshot:

Conclusion
In some cases, maybe tweaking your list to your opponents can be advantageous?

This was a great game, and I hope Will can agree with that. I think it was mostly bad dice rolls for him that cuased his defeat. The list is good, if a bit reliant on the KFF of the Mek.

Thanks for Reading

Narric

Will's on Fire

After that mega lucky land raider charge I thought that luck was going to be with me. It was a close game and I enjoyed it. Obviously, if it had been a bit closer towards the end that would have been a bonus but hey. It was nice to play against the templars, even if there weren't many of them. :P

- Will

Narric

As I said after the game, you need to either rely less on a Mek KFF, or utilize it to the max. Adding a small amount of Anti-AV14 would possibly make the list more rounded, as it can also be used against high toughness MCs.

I think I'll take out the Land Speeder, and add in more Initiates, as I am increadibly light on infantry models.

Thantos

Nice report guys :D makes me want to finish the nids army and play some games!

Do you have a revenge rematch planned?  ;)

Narric

Quote from: Thantos on June 26, 2013, 10:14:09 PM
Nice report guys :D makes me want to finish the nids army and play some games!

Do you have a revenge rematch planned?  ;)

Thanks dude.

I am wanting to do some tweaks to my list, and I think will wants to do the same. For the time being I'm open for a game near whenever. :P

Lord Sotek

Loved the report! I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor about how many Deffgun shots the Emperor's Champion waltzed through. What a boss!  :o
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Narric

Quote from: Lord Sotek on June 26, 2013, 10:43:45 PM
Loved the report! I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor about how many Deffgun shots the Emperor's Champion waltzed through. What a boss!  :o
Yeah :P

I sort've wish the Champion could count as my 1+ HQ, as I'd really just use him alone.

At AP4, those Deffguns aren't really that good. They're decent as Anti-horde from what I've seen, but if you're facing an elite army like Marines (especially those with 2+ armour) then its really just weight of firepower you're relying on, and even that isn't consistant.