News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Lady Jenna vs. Lady D'ysperax in "SHE'S BACK!" (1500, 6/5/13)

Started by BigToof, June 05, 2013, 11:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

I forget you can tank shock or be shocked, playing fearless armies helps. At one point it seemed that was the thing vs tau. Tank shock, tank shock, and more tank shock. Everytime I played it was tank shock this and tank shock that. Glad I vae the leadership 10 bubble, tank shock that.

However what could you had done. Advance your guys up so they get ripped apart.

The only thing that gets me is you like your guys soo close together hugging the aegis. Hince why my daemons roll with two skullcannons. It's your style, but it makes it easier for tactics like the one you faced. I just don't like castling up. Too much bad guard and tau experance. Damn deep striking mono's and Dooms.

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on June 09, 2013, 11:12:35 PM
Hi Crisis,
I wish I was in your shoes!

I totally didn't see that trick and it nailed me.

I was hoping that someone would have had something similar happen to them and they would go:

"Oh, 'Toof, you just do X, Y and Z and you wouldn't have failed so badly!"

Apparently, though, I just ran head-first into the wall, and the wall won.

If I am facing your opponent's list and I am not using my Dark Eldar list, I would be very annoyed as well.

It is interesting to see that Wraithknights could be the bane of most static gunline armies everywhere. Str 4 and below will not harm it, str 5-6 weapons only wound it on a 6+, Str 7 weapons only wounds it on a 5+, str 8 wound it on a 4+, Str 9 weapons on a 3+, and str 10 weapons on a 2+. But the problem with the str 8-10 weapons is that they tend to be difficult to spam, and when you do so it cost a lot .

The only way to bring it down is via Sniper fire and also poisoned weapons, but not too many people are packing those unless you are either Tau or Dark Eldar. And even then, if you play with two or three of these clowns, at least one of them will actually reach the opponent's lines and rape stuff up.

Arguleon-veq

Eldar were the kings of tank shock last edition I lost count of the number of games last ed that my falcons never got to fire thanks to shaken results and instead just tank shocked and rammed everything off the table. It is harder this ed although you now need to pass a LD to even try a death or glory which helps this kind of build.

You wouldnt need to drop a HQ BigToof, you just need a normal Commissar for one of the infantry squads in your horde so all youd need to find is a few points.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chicop76

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on June 10, 2013, 04:19:40 PM
Eldar were the kings of tank shock last edition I lost count of the number of games last ed that my falcons never got to fire thanks to shaken results and instead just tank shocked and rammed everything off the table. It is harder this ed although you now need to pass a LD to even try a death or glory which helps this kind of build.

You wouldnt need to drop a HQ BigToof, you just need a normal Commissar for one of the infantry squads in your horde so all youd need to find is a few points.

I agree a Commissar would be helpful or a fearless character creed?? Anyway a Commissar is really cheap and you should easily fit him in. I think two commies would be cool. Hearld of Slaanech will be your bane.