News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Black Templars in 6th ed

Started by Chris, January 09, 2013, 09:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hey all, so its been a long time since I made a substantial post of value... SO enjoy!

I played a game with my Black Templar's last night, the first game I have played since summer last year. It may seem surprising, but I actually won! I was playing Chaos Deamons and with no prior knowledge to who or what I would be playing, I made my list.

Largely my army revolved around a lot of terminator armour and high strength weapons. The biggest dilema came when I had to choose which vow to take with my Emperor's chimp. Instead of the normal Accept Any Challenge (which gives the whole army rage) I went for 'Suffer not the Unclean to Live' Basically reduce my initiative by one to increase my strength by 1. Strength 5 marines is fun. Strength 10 powerfists is even more fun.

Deployment started with just an LRC and 2 Rhinos. 3 10 man crusader squads would be my objective grabbers and tar pit units. with a pair of 7 man terminator units teleporting in on a teleport homer in the LRC on a Chaplain.

Over all, I found that the mobility afforded by the transports was still necessary. I wouldn't advise going back to Gun Line tactics simply because other armies still do that better...

So a brief summary of how successful Black Templars can be ran:
- Lots of Terminators
- Higher Strength over Extra Attacks any day! (Suffer not > Accept any)
- ALWAYS have a chaplain in your line breaker unit... His re-rolls can be invaluable.
- Marshall's share leadership rule is excellent...
- Load up on HQ and Elites, our troops just aren't all that good. Much better to have a small elite task force that packs a punch than trying to horde out on troops which are average joes...

Hope this helps!

Charistoph

FYI, Suffer Not only provides for Str 9 Power Fists/Thunder Hammers...  Addition comes after multiplication.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Chicop76

Quote from: Charistoph on January 10, 2013, 03:59:20 PM
FYI, Suffer Not only provides for Str 9 Power Fists/Thunder Hammers...  Addition comes after multiplication.

Unless you are Grey Knights with hammer hand which would be str 10