News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Eastward, Unto Dawn [OOC/Sign-up Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 14, 2012, 05:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El ShasOcho

Who would be able to use hellfire, just chaosigans? Incredibly skilled pyromancers? I know we don't have any daemons out here, at least I don't think so.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: El ShasOcho on May 03, 2012, 07:59:05 PM
I know we don't have any daemons out here, at least I don't think so.
Good to know we're definite on that point. :P From what (little) I know of the setting and how its magic works only Chaosigans or those who have made pacts with daemons would be able to control balefire. So if it was balefire we're either being thrown in at the deep end, or being kicked off a cruise ship mid-ocean. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

InsaneTD

Well there are no runesmiths in these lands so it could also be Dragon Fire. Can't remember the name of the rune now. But any mages in these lands wouldn't know of it.

Could even be something different again.

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

Drakinsa I think it was. And I had a Rune of Cendus on my sword.

Ravager Zero

Okay, new post is up.

To answer your previous questions:
No, it's not balefire.
It's not from Drakanisa either.
It is magickal.

ESO: Yes, simple things like that can go off automatically. I'm going to give you lot a little more leeway with this one, as I won't be online nearly as much as I was with ETD.
If you want, for basic actions (ie: not super plot relevant, or harmful) you can roll the dice yourself, and then interpret the results into your post (ie: actually do some roleplay. :)).

The Formula

Roll 1: Compare this D20 roll to the applicable stat. Use common sense. Lifting a rock uses Physical. Looking for a specific item uses Mental. Trying to light something on fire (without flint/matches/etc) uses Mystical. If the roll exceeds your stat value, the action succeeds to a greater or lesser degree. A 1 always fails at the action, regardless of your degree of success. A 20 always succeeds, taking the best possible result.

Roll 2: This is the degree of your success. 1 is an abysmal failure, no matter what. 2-5 is marginal, like lifting the rock for a few seconds, or finding a lost pen (but of a different colour). 6-10 is moderate, such as moving a heavy rock by a few inches, or just holding it up until your arms give out, or actually finding the right pen. 11-19 is more successful, such as moving the rock without wearing yourself out, or finding all the dropped pens from a box. 20 is an automatic success, you just lifted that rock clear of the ground and flipped it over. You found every pen in the room, including the one that writes in invisible ink and the other that only works on a Tuesday. And if you were trying to ignite something
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Yeah, always pays to be nice to God The GM.

El ShasOcho

Thanks Rav. For things that are really easy like lighting a fire I can just do it right? And if something is tough enough to require a roll but still decently easy, can I use modifiers for the first roll or something like that?

Ravager Zero

Quote from: El ShasOcho on May 04, 2012, 11:44:05 AM
Thanks Rav. For things that are really easy like lighting a fire I can just do it right? And if something is tough enough to require a roll but still decently easy, can I use modifiers for the first roll or something like that?
1. Yes.
2. Yes, insofar as much as they are reasonable modifiers. (-1 to -4 to the stat in question. Remember, each point of change increases the odds of pulling it off by 5%, so think carefully before you apply the larger modifiers. ;))
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Rav, you are one game GM. Letting your players play with modifiers like that. :P

The Man They Call Jayne

Possibly it would be an good plane for you to make a basic list of what kind of situation would allow for what modifier? If we know some of the mechanics then it allows for less abuse. Not saying that anyone is gonna cheat, but it just means that more of the same situation will lead to the right modifiers.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

El ShasOcho

Vyper

Quote from: El ShasOcho on May 04, 2012, 01:20:16 PM
So, I am not taking first watch?

I'm not bothered who takes what watch. I can make us some food if you want. ;)

Mabbz

I considered using chaos magic to try and bring down a tree for firewood, before deciding against it on the grounds that it would be somewhat excessive and there was a large chance of hurting myself. Out of mild interest I rolled the dice anyway. For an example for when we roll our own actions, what would a 6 and a 1 have done? Also, if we roll badly, how would we determine if we take damage, and how much we take?

Here is the roll by the way. If you like I can write a post about it anyway.

El ShasOcho

The tree would have turned into a giant evil version of treebeard from LoTR.