News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Re: Eastward, Unto Dawn [OOC/Sign-up Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 14, 2012, 05:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

So when you said moonsinging can charm certain creatures, you were including humans? Interesting. I'd guess it's not very reliable against humans, only useful if I catch them off guard.

The Man They Call Jayne

Im assuming that an Envoy is alitte bit special then, and their words carry a good deal of weight?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

InsaneTD

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on May 02, 2012, 08:22:00 AM
So when you said moonsinging can charm certain creatures, you were including humans? Interesting. I'd guess it's not very reliable against humans, only useful if I catch them off guard.
This was just for the story.
And that's about all you'd get out of it against a human anyway. ;)

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 02, 2012, 08:24:02 AM
Im assuming that an Envoy is alitte bit special then, and their words carry a good deal of weight?
Yes, and they also fall under special protection while staying with a tribe, any tribe that recognises Envoys.
And no, you can't be one. ;)
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Will's on Fire

Nice idea for my name Ravager, I wasn't sure where I was going with it, and that makes it sound much better. ;D

El ShasOcho

It seems we are a bit stuck at a stand still, as we can't really move any further with the information we now have. We now must wait for Rav to get home from work  :P

So what is the general consensus on the plan? Are we just finding what we can here and then moving on to find a place to camp for the night? Staying the night here? I personally think finding a place further along to camp would be a good idea, as this place is a little eerie.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Ravager Zero

Quote from: El ShasOcho on May 02, 2012, 11:13:19 PM
It seems we are a bit stuck at a stand still, as we can't really move any further with the information we now have. We now must wait for Rav to get home from work  :P
It is such a drag knowing I have to make a post for you guys every time I get home. :P
Especially you. :P

So what is the general consensus on the plan? Are we just finding what we can here and then moving on to find a place to camp for the night? Staying the night here? I personally think finding a place further along to camp would be a good idea, as this place is a little eerie.
Good, it's meant to be eerie.
Also, new post is up. And this time, I'm going to save every post I make. (RZ/XD20 Enterprises will not be held responsible for the loss of data not published the herenamed entity :shifty:)

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Quote from: Ravager Zero on May 03, 2012, 05:55:21 AM
At the end was a circle of disturbed sand, as if many feet, or many footfalls, had moved through it. Perhaps a fight? A dance? A ritual? Whatever it was, they were gone now, but the air smelled strange, and the hairs on his arms stood on end. Perhaps a mage might know more.
I see you decided to use the clue bat from the off this time, rather than hoping Prae'tor would think to call for a mage on his own :)

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on May 03, 2012, 09:39:39 AM
At the end was a circle of disturbed sand, as if many feet, or many footfalls, had moved through it. Perhaps a fight? A dance? A ritual? Whatever it was, they were gone now, but the air smelled strange, and the hairs on his arms stood on end. Perhaps a mage might know more.
I see you decided to use the clue bat from the off this time, rather than hoping Prae'tor would think to call for a mage on his own :)
Well, he's new, and might need a helping hand.
Plus, last time I had to paint it red before I used it. :P

InsaneTD

Quote from: Ravager Zero on May 03, 2012, 10:43:58 AM
Quote from: Mabbz on May 03, 2012, 09:39:39 AM
Well, he's new, and might need a helping hand.
Plus, last time I had to paint it red before I used it. :P
/me Strokes beard.

Nope, not getting the referance.

El ShasOcho

If we were back West, I would think the strange fire was hellfire like from that dragon. Rav, tell me if I am completely off on this so i don't go barking up the wrong tree.

The Man They Call Jayne

If it were Hellfire i suspect it would still be burning. The Balefire that got me didn't go out until Rai-Tane possessed me.

El ShasOcho

Good point. Any other idea what i could be, using your expertise as a pyromancer in another RPG in the same world?

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 03, 2012, 05:15:49 PM
If it were Hellfire i suspect it would still be burning.
Unless the summoner can quench it at will, which I'd assume is a possibility. The shadowmage we faced was killed before he could do much after summoning it IIRC, makes sense that it could be quenched by the summoner otherwise it would never stop burning and half the world would be covered in unending flame by now. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

It was never made clear how controllable it was. Ja'nus couldn't manipulate it when it was on him, even with the Eye. It's possible that once you cast it it will burn until it has consumed the target and then fade by itself.