News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Heresy (Backup) - Roleplay Thread

Started by Wargamer, May 10, 2012, 01:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

When news reached his ears that he had 2 new brothers, but would only ever meet one Russ regretted not returning to Terra with Angron. He consoled himself with the knowledge that even had he been there he would not have met Fulgrim and would only have seen him as he was taken to the apothecarium at most, besides, his Legion needed him to fight alongside them, he had to show that he was as much a warrior as they were.

+++Message from Leman Russ to Mortarion+++
Greetings brother. It pleases me to hear that you have joined us in this great crusade. If you ever require assistance you have but to ask and my Wolves shall be at your side as soon as they are able. I look forward to the day when we draw swords together to vanquish the foes of mankind.

Your brother
Leman Russ

+++Message from Leman Russ to Imperial Army Lord Commander Hektor Ventanus+++
I would like to thank you for your support regarding the battle tanks I commandeered, they are performing superbly, as are their crews. It is no small part due to these tanks that so many of my Legion survive. I would like to make a further request. Your men have fought alongside my Wolves before to great effect, I wonder if they would like the honour of doing so again. I have forces campaigning to secure the systems around Fenris, both to neutralise threats and to bring more worlds to the Imperial Truth, they have met resistance. No massive forces for the moment, but enough to slow their advances. I believe that with your men at their side, including some more of the tanks I requisitioned earlier we can begin to push on once more and secure even more worlds at an increased rate. I await your reply eagerly.

Sincerely,
Primarch Leman Russ.

+++Message from Leman Russ to Saturnine Fleet+++
Honoured Admiral,
As you may be aware, 4 Great Companies of my Legion are currently campaigning around Fenris in a effort to secure that section of the galaxy and bring more worlds under Imperial rule. However we have encountered resistance and, isolated as Fenris is reinforcements can be an issue. It is my belief that your fleet would provide the reinforcements needed to speed the colonisation of the region and safeguard it against xenos threats. I can think of no other fleet I would rather have assisting my Legion in their efforts as they gain renown across the stars. Should you grant my request that renown would of course be shared between our forces and before long our names would be a partnership to strike fear into the hearts of even the mightiest xenos threats. I eagerly await your reply.

Sincerely,
Primarch Leman Russ
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Magnus considered his position, in his haste to reclaim the Primarch Fulgrim for his Father he had abandoned Prospero. He quickly issued orders that all but the 1st and 2nd Chapters return there immediatly. They were to defend the Homeworld and engange in recuitment will all due haste.

He and the 1st and 2nd would remain on Terra to await the Emperors Children. He needed to make sure that they were not insulted by his becoming their new commander. Fulgrim was still their spiritual Father and always would be, but he new full well that alloys were stonger. Both Legions would come out of this for the better.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Lord Sotek

Quote from: Wargamer on May 15, 2012, 01:41:44 PM
There was a ripple of energy. The City of Sight flickered in the Emperor's psychic sense, distorted by a new, powerful presence. He cast his mind into the ether, seeing at once its source; a being of immense energy, unrivalled save by his own sons.
"A Primarch returns," he said. At once, the Custodians and the black-armoured Astartes came to him. "Have the vessel brought to Terra at once, and inform Guilliman - he will want to meet his brother."
All but one man left. He wore the black of a Dark Angel, yet his armour was devoid of iconography. He was dressed in a prototype model of the new 'Maximus' armour.
"You have something to say?"
The Astartes bowed. "The Mechanicum are ready to begin supplying the Legions with Mk IV plate."
"Then have them do so."

He moved from the chamber, preparing himself to welcome home another lost son.

The procession out of the sepulchral starship that had come to dock near one of the great spires of the Imperial Palace was no less than the sort of monolithically impressive display warranted, in the capital of the birthplace of Mankind. From the hatch of the great vessel first strode an utter giant of a man, his impossibly tall stature exaggerated even further by a thinness to his proportions. The figure was cowled in great robes of cream and olive and dark brown, obscuring his features, while with a gauntleted hand he leaned on a tall and odd-looking staff. Power unseen but not unfelt radiated from this man, and all who gazed upon him felt an unsettling sense of unseen eyes watching from all directions.

He strode with the unshakable calm of fervent purpose across the great floor of the Imperial Palace, and from the ship behind him marched out an army. Men of but ordinary stature, these, but no less impressive for it; each and every one clad in an armored suit of verdigrised and dulled gray metal, cables running from breather-tanks to rebreathers that had been elaborately fashioned into intimidating full-face masks. They marched rank after rank from the ship in perfect unison, a grid ten wide and fifty deep.

When they passed through the Great Gates and into the Emperor's audience chamber, only a score or two of these somber, masked warriors continued with him, the rest of the honor guard staying respectfully behind at the threshold.

The immense figure and his followers filed into the throne room in complete silence. Then, in perfect unison, giant and masked warrior alike clapped a fist to their chest in fealty and dropped to one knee before the figure of the Emperor.

The giant figure spoke then, in a voice that was quiet and yet resounded still, filled with Power, though it seemed also raspy, as if the figure's mouth and throat were somewhat too dry.

"I have Seen," he spoke. "I have seen a Vision, knowing that I was summoned to this place and this day to forestall doom for my people, and for a thousand times a thousand peoples. I have answered that Summons, and so am I here before you."

"We came to you from a world that had known the lash of alien tyrants since time beyond memory. We come to you from a world whose tyrants we have overthrown, so that we might know the taste of freedom."

"I am Mortarion of Barbarus, and I have known since the day of our victory that we would, we must come here today. That here at the birthplace of mankind I would find the Just King, the Man of Gold; and that I would pledge to him, so that under his banner we may fight to spread the freedom we have won to all of humanity."

"I am Mortarion of Barbarus, and I name you my liege. I pledge my service to you, and I vow to you on my hope of salvation and deliverance that I will hold to that pledge until the end of my days."

"Here with me are a fraction of the men of Barbarus, my warriors. Their leaders and heroes and champions. They have come with me in the stead of all their peoples who could not, to pledge to you their absolute loyalty as I have."

With a gesture of his hand, each came forward, removed his mask, and pledged. The faces beneath those masks were an unsettling surprise; otherwise human, but corpse-pale, with hollow cheeks and sunken eyes of black where whites should be. But the looks of entirely human awe and devotion and loyalty as they gave their equally binding oaths was undeniable.

Last of them all came forward one man, from whom the others had kept their distance. He removed his breath mask, then knelt abjectly, head brushing the floor before the Emperor's feet before he straightened, still on one knee. He was young, little more than a boy, but his eyes held a terrible knowing, and his features had something of a cruel and inhuman cast to them.

"My lord, I am known as Calas Typhon. Since the day of my birth, I have carried an unsalvable shame. The shame of knowing that a fraction of the alien blood of Barbarus' tyrants runs in my veins. For my life, I have known I must atone for this shame, and thought that still nothing I would do could wash away but its fraction. Now, with Lord Mortarion's vision brought to true before my eyes, I know that that may change. I swear to you- In repayment for the privilege of fighting amongst the stars for you, I will not rest, I will not relent, and I will not consider my gratitude even truly begun until I have participated in the liberation of one world for every living man, woman, and child of Barbarus who suffered beneath the rule of my ancestors. When I have fulfilled that oath, I will be cleansed of my shame, and in that gratitude, as I am Mortarion's so will I be your man forever."

The other Barbarans seemed somewhat surprised through their morbid visages, but the newly arrived Primarch radiated only approval as he spoke his next words.

"And so it is done, token to the hearts and dreams of all on Barbarus. Let us know how we may serve you in the cause of justice."

Standing, he turned to speak with the other immense figures at the Emperor's side almost as if speaking to someone he already knew in part, only to cease as another great, but tragically twisted, figure of purple was rushed past, dragging both figures away in the processsion. Some time later they emerged again, grim faced, and Mortarion sighed, seeming to lean even more heavily on his odd staff.

"I had Seen... But I had hoped it did not mean what I thought."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

+++Message from Mortarion to Leman Russ+++
To know that so warm and wholehearted a welcome awaits me  before we have even had chance to meet in person brings unfamiliar and welcome joy to my heart.

It is something I am not yet used to, this knowledge that the other champions of Man my visions have revealed are my brothers; this knowledge that I have brothers at all. It will take some time to get used to, to come to know you all better and find the closeness that is rightful between brothers, but I relish it. When need or duty sends, my falx will be by your side.

May you know clear skies and clean air,
Mortarion.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Thantos

It was rare that the Primarchs were at Terra at the same time, or in fact, it was rare the Primarchs be at any place at the same time these days. The requirements of battle and the expanding imperium kept them apart mostly. But now a couple were around Terra, and Guilliman relished the opportunity to bring his brothers closer, united for a common goal. Even if circumstances... the circumstaces of Fulgrim's death and Corax's wounding... were grim.
The common goal was now Ullinor.

Much of the tacicum chamber was filled with holographic images of his brothers, Horus, Lemen Russ, Perterabo, Jaghati Khan - those who could not be there in person, but could still communicate as if they were. Angron, Magnus and Mortarion were on Terra for the time being, somewhat more solid.
"We should not rush this." he spoke to his brothers, goblet of pecta distilled wine clasped in his hand. Being a primarch, the alcohol had no effect, but Guiliman and many of his brothers still enjoyed the taste of a fine pecta vintage.
"We should approach slowly, cut off supply lines, isolate the greenskin worlds. The Orks have taught us that they are as big a threat as ever! And not to be underestimated! Corax learnt that..." he trailed off, sadness spreading across his face at his brothers grave condition.

[OOC: Hope aint godmodding trying to get a meeting or conversation between primarches in some way here, hard to keep track of where everyone is! Would be good to get a uniform effort on taking Ullinor. :3]

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

+++Message from Leman Russ to Jaghati Khan+++
Brother,
It gladdens me to know that you shall soon ride alongside us once more. It seems the Crusade is destined for great things and indeed, with so many Legions and Primarchs fighting side by side I fail to see how a more glorious sight could exist unless the Emperor himself were to take to the battlefield alongside us. It should please you to know that I have not grown battleweary, and even if I had I could still  put you on your arse in the sparring pits if you ever got off that bike of yours. I look forward to seeing you soon, brother.

Russ.

+++Meeting to discuss the Crusade+++
Gulliman, slow and steady will get us nowhere against this threat. If we go in slow they will pull every ork they can together and swamp us with sheer weight of numbers. Mighty though we are even we cannot contend with that. We need a hard, fast strike on multiple systems at once, then when they come after us we break off the assault, fall back to the ships and withdraw to a neighbouring system where we should have more ships waiting in ambush positions. A few lightning raids in this manner should take out fairly substantial sections of their fleet making their ground forces far easier to deal with.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Magnus was deep in thought when the voice of Gulliman snapped him from his planning.

"With the combined might of the Legions even the greenskins hordes could not hope to stand against us. Once my forces are combined I shall lead them myself into battle alongside my brothers. My forces will seek out the Warbosses and annihliate them. Without strong leadership the Orks will soon fall to nothing. Rest assured we will redefine the word War for all eternity."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Thantos

"You speak like a true warrior, Brother Russ!" smiled Guilliman and drank deep of his goblet. "But we must remember the Ork systems are not yet in our reach. We must not over-stretch. The Astartes may be able to fight unsupported and outnumbered, but once we take the Ork worlds we must be able to hold onto them, Orks are notoriously hard to eradicate - there will be outbreaks that need crushing for years to come." He paced across the chamber.
"I would rather hand the planets over to the Guard once we have won them, than sit on each rock we take and quell all the ork uprisings ourselves for the next decade. And the guard need supply and equipment, we need to take the surrounding systems first, to be well supported for this. once we are in a steady position, you and Magnus can educate the greenskins on the new meaning of War!"
Guilliman clapped Magnus on the shoulder.

Lord Sotek

Mortarion leaned, as ever, on his metallic staff, cowled in his dustrobes from head to toe.  The newfound Primarch's hood did not shroud his face from view as it had the day of his arrival, but instead he wore a burnished silver mask, wrought with breathtaking skill; depicting the face of a handsome, solemn man who seemed at once infinitely somber and yet somehow serene. Behind the eye-holes of the mask, nothing could be seen, just an obscuring layer of black gauze. He wore it at all times, it seemed; likely only a request from the Emperor or another Primarch would be sufficient motive for him to reveal whatever lay beneath, even for a moment.

"I have only the words of my brother Gulliman on the Orks today, brothers, not the experience in battle each of you can be proud to claim. But it strikes me that we will be engaging one of the most powerful and cohesive forces encountered in your campaigns to date; a foe we must assume is both mighty and cunning to hold so many Greenskins to his banner, whose forces we must assume will outnumber even our combined might; and who we shall engage in the heart of his strength. In this, at least, it will be much as it was on Barbarus. So I advise as I fought then; assume that the foe may well be stronger than you, and that advantages will stack in his favor. And so plan using every technique of force and misdirection, every gambit proven reliable, every force multiplier we can possibly muster, then plan again so that should each and any plan fail, our warriors may withdraw and be preserved for a surer strike. Then, should we err, we will have erred on the side of strength, and our foes will be crushed all the more utterly for it."

"To that end, I would suggest opening with the Lord of Fenris' raids, so that we may keep the enemy off balance; use the time that gains us to assess his nature and lay our most effective plans from that information; and then so readied, out-think, out-maneuver, out-force, and out-fight him at every possible turn, to be as smoke in his hands until he shatters from a thousand cracks or bleeds himself dry against us."

"As to myself, I will use such psychic talents as I have in order to confound our foes, and arm ourselves with foreknowledge of his plans that may even precede his invention of them. To the extent that I may, I will see to it the skeins of fate themselves rally to our side."
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Railgun Convention

"I am sure, Magnus, that you will find my legion's speed instrumental in annihilating Ork Warlords with surgical precision. Land, strike, and escape. This may be a worthy strategy to use.

"If the Orks wish to build up on Ullinor, then we shall destroy any fleets that attempt to reinforce them. As we have easy access to the MKIV armour, my forces are well-equipped for boarding actions if necessary, so we can deal with the supply line problems as well."

[ooc] I swear Lord Sotek is psychic - this post should definitely be before his in order to make more sense :P [/ooc]
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Thantos

Guilliman paused for a moment. He had not spent long in his new brothers company, but it was clear that Mortarion was a careful and calculated leader. He admired his brother's insight and the confidence with which he spoke, especially considering he had just been thrust into the larger picture of the galaxy.
"Then it seems both plays have merit, and we should best approach this in a two pronged attack? Some Legions will assault and raid the orks, as Russ suggests, keeping the numbers down, making sure they are off balance and unable to form up a strong resistance. And while this is occurring, some legions will forge routes towards the ork held space, form up a strong platform to wage war to its fullest, surround and contain their systems. Then together once the foundations are in place, we unite and crush this last blemish on the face of our galaxy!"

Lord Sotek

((M'koll- I guess Morty is rubbing off on me. :P))

The most recent Primarch nodded respectfully; Gulliman had discovered him to be a grim man much given to sorrow, but also true of heart and filled with conviction even the scourging toxins of Barbarus could not tarnish. "That is the idea. There is a saying my warriors coined; 'A war against two fronts is thrice as hard to fight, and a war against three, five.' Raid and push; these shall be our two main fronts. But with the combination of all our cunning, we may apply ourselves as a thousand scalpels; and have such fronts within fronts that they shall find we are everywhere, and nowhere. Cut and cut, and turn them in so many ways at once they will not even know from where the reaper's scythe finally falls."

El ShasOcho

Captain Forrix approached the capital ship of the Night Lords fleet.
"This is Captain Forrix of the Iron Warriors. I am requesting an audience with your commander Konrad Curze. Please allow us to board."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Rarity Declis

+++Discussing the Ullanor push+++
"I must inform us all that Brother Corax is stable, and will recover in time. It is some good news to us all, I am sure."

"I find myself agreeing with Brother Mortarian" Horus said suddenly. His eyes, still covered in ash, for both Corax and the now dead brother, were red-rimmed. "The Orks are not known for their logistics department. Raid them for every direction, watch as the Ork horde shambles and reaches to try and catch us. Eventually it will overreach and trip over itself."

"The good news is that my and my brother's Crusade is an excellent staging ground for this. Whilst the others are raiding, I shall be preparing the area so when the final blow does fall, every Legion shall be equipped, there shall be food for the Imperial Army, and we shall be in the best possible position. Something the Ultramarines taught me." Horus nodded towards Guilliman.

+++On the Crusade Front+++

"Peturabo, it is good to see you once more" Horus embraces Peturabo, with a genuine smile on his face.

When he heard the news he sent Sejanus to get the ash once more. "Our Brother, dead? One dead, and Corax lies in his Apothecarium? This has been a foul year indeed. So the Eagle Warriors are without a father?" Horus rubbed his chin. "On the plus side, we have a new brother. Mortarian, it seems. Quite a grim man, but seems dependable. I shall want to fight alongside him soon enough."

"Anyway, Peturabo, I must thank you for the use of your Iron Warriors. Whilst the others are off raiding Orks, we have to set up our newly won ground in the name of the Imperium, and it will be the staging post for the assault on Ullanor. I guess Guilliman is rubbing off on me. I wish you luck with Curze. If possible, tell him that I am sorry for dishonouring his Legion. Make the peace between us, brother." Horus embraced Peturabo before he left.

There was a timid knock on his door later. Horus opened it to find the commander of the Eagle Legion there. Horus nodded curtly. "In."

As the Eagle Legionnaire entered, Horus sat down and drank some wine. "Your name, Marine?"

"Captain Phoran, my lord." He saluted as well as his mutations would let him. "I wished to apologise and make amends for..."

"You're going to my Brother Magnus, Captain Phoran," Horus interrupted," I hope the unpleasantness between the Wolves and the Eagles doesn't repeat." Horus leaned forward. "My men believe you left them to die. You say it was an unfortunate accident of logistics. Which one is true? Is it half a dozen of one and six of the other?" Horus snorted.

"The Luna Wolves lost 1000 good men. Captain Aximand was one of those men. They lost them because of your incompetence. So, you are to go to Magnus. Get cured. Gain glory. When you are ready, return to the Luna Wolves. Make the Eagle Legion return as true warriors, honourable warriors, and earn my Legion's trust. I do this because you are the only Eagle Warrior who came to me to apologise. Since the accident, you've all hidden away, shied away from my Wolves. It reeks of guilt. So, take this chance, and come back as brothers, rather than suspects." Horus motioned for him to leave.

Before he left, Horus said one more thing. "Not many would try so hard for you, but Magnus is a good man. I would highly recommend your Legion take full advantage of this."

Abaddon opened the door to find Captain Hex. Abaddon looked around the corner, and let Hex in. "You know, I am not allowed visitors at this time officially."

Captain Hex grabbed Abaddon by the shoulder. "What happened to you!? We need to take you to the Apothecarium."

Abaddon pulled away from his grasp. "No, no, this is my punishment, given to me by my Primarch." He turned away so Hex couldn't see the shame and anger in his face. "My actions led to Corax falling, they stole precious men from my Primarch's Crusade. The Night Lords don't even answer our messages anymore."

"Horus hasn't injured me permanently, my body shall heal all in time. What will become of me... only the Primarch knows."

A few days later, Abaddon was gone from his quarters.

Horus met with Captain Agapito. "Are you ready, Captain?" "It is time to hunt Eldar." His massive hand dwarfed that of the Captain.

+++ Horus Lupercal to Magnus the Red+++

Dear Brother,

I am sorry for what you have found. I am even more sorry to have you come back to one of our brothers laid low. I have sent all of the Eagle Legionnaires under the command of the Luna Wolves back to you. They shall be accompanied by my emissary, Ezekyle Abaddon.

I hope you can save them, turn them into fine warriors, and I look forward to one day fighting alongside you once more. We still have to finish that chess game we started.

Horus.

Thantos

Guilliman frowned and sat his goblet down on the marble bench. For the most part, his brothers seemed to support a strategy of raiding and guerrilla warfare against the orks. But Guilliman failed to see how this could bring down an empire, rather than just prune the Orks and cost Astartes lives. At least Horus seemed to grasp the value of supply chains, staging posts, and working with the Imperial Guard to wage a proper war with the rest of the Army. Even though it would take months to get into a position ready to launch a full scale war on Ork space, Guilliman, at least, was patient...
"Very well, the Ultramarines and I will secure the surrounding space with Brother Horus and his Wolves if he wishes, in preparation for the final push to annihilate the Orks." he glanced around.
"Im sure the other Legions will gain much glory... harassing greenskins." a bitter tone crept into his voice. "Perhaps Lord Russ would volunteer to oversee his own fine plan to fruition and lead the raiding Legions?" He smiled and tilted his head forward in a slow nod.
He knew Russ to be somewhat savage and impatient and immediately regretted baiting his brother to lead the push. He would accept to lead, or his honour would be tarnished.
But now Rouboute worried that his brother could over commit himself, that the Wolf might bite off more than he could chew with the Orks in his eagerness and lust for battle... he pushed the thought from his mind. He had other things to organise.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"You seem reluctant to accept my proposal brother, in truth I was reluctant to suggest it, but it must be done this way. The Orks are too numerous for even us to take on head to head. This way we can cripple their fleets and deny them reinforcements, granting us advantages and saving an untold number of lives. Head to head victory may be possible, but it would be far too costly to our Legions. I will of course lead these raids myself. I have already given the orders to push to the next system to assess the threats there. Magnus, Angron, Khan, I request your support in this. I will lead one raid with Khan's fleet waiting in ambush. Magnus, I ask that you provide the ambush support for Angron and the Emperor's Children. We will set the stage for the next push while Horus an Perturabo secure the ground we have already won. Others are, of course, free to join us in these raids though I would recommend a raiding partner for maximum success."

Noticing the small smile on Gulliman's face, Russ addressed him "What's the matter brother? Did you think I would be foolish enough to go alone?" he said with a grin.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http