News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Silks Tau!

Started by SILK, April 05, 2013, 11:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SILK

Heya! Time to dig out the Tau and get them expanded on, now that we finally have a new codex with which to play with.

The army as it stands so far. Most of the infantry are unfinished, just working on them at the moment. The grey fish hull at the back is something that I am undecided on, either to keep using it as a devil fish or to convert it up into a third Hammerhead.

A squad of fire warriors nearly finished, just waiting on the farsight enclave shoulder pads to really get them done. I'm leaving basing until last, I think, as I usually forget the method that I did the basing in if I leave it for too long.

Pirahnas! In recent games they have been a god send! Blocking charges, blowing up tanks and generally running amok. Fletchette dischargers are brilliant when employed en mass, just wish that the unit was cheaper overall.

and now the hammerhead:

Was never really a fan of the hammerheads turret, it always looked like it would fall off as soon as it fired. So I stuck it underneath. Then I had to go and move the engine inwards as it felt far too bulky in the end.

My plans are non existent at the moment, I've got a riptide, shoulder pads and t he codex on order, so it's a matter of waiting and seeing what is tasty before actually expanding the army.

The Man They Call Jayne

It's all tasty! All of it! I want it all right now!
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Deraj

That weathering is fantastic. Do you use sponges, salt, or something else?

Osiris

i like what you did to your hammerhead. never would have thought to place the turret under the vehicle. :D

also, great paint job. looking forward to seeing the riptide when you get it.
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

SILK

Quote from: Deraj on April 06, 2013, 09:02:25 PM
That weathering is fantastic. Do you use sponges, salt, or something else?

Sponges for the most part, a little bit of stippling with a brush every now and again. Lots of washes after that, mainly using graveyard earth/ steel legion drab watered down a lot.

Otherwise, thanks for the comments guys!

I would have had a riptide to show off to you, but my local GW stole it from me to put in their display cabinet (even got a fancy rotating plinth!). Will try and grab some pictures when I get the chance.

Narric

Have you not yet gotten a close-up picture of your Battlesuit yet? I notice it isn't in the OP.

salamut2202

I love your take on the tanks, could I get a look on the underside of the hammerheads?