News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Warriors of Chaos

Started by Cammerz, October 27, 2012, 06:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

And after GW release a load of 40k chaos models, fantasy gets a turn now. And its more chaos.
Its mainly metal stuff becoming Finecast but there are a few new character models as well as;
A Warshrine
Some chaos warriors on Juggernauts (skullcrushers)
Hellstriders of Slaanesh

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440004a&rootCatGameStyle=

Overall not a bad release, and I must say I quite like those Skullcrushers. Valkia the Bloody also looks pretty cool.

Thantos

Nurgle fella is great. Love the narrative of him ;D Ill probably pick him up once i get painting again and clear my desk backlog xD

Cammerz

And I'll add here that the latest White Dwarf contains an official army book update providing rules for the Skullcrushers and Hellstriders. The Skullcrushers and a big expensive unit with a very good armour save; Chaos Armour + Shield + Jeggernaut (which provides +3 instead of the standard +1). These are also multi-wound models.
The Hellstriders on the other hand are more than 3x cheaper and, whilst not initially fanatastic, gain additional bonuses for killing or overrunning enemy units.