News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

[Art Log 2013]

Started by LinnScarlett, January 24, 2013, 02:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinnScarlett

Today, it happened!

The first sketch of 2013 made it beyond sketch-hood into full blown line-art-hood!
And what better than a sketch of The Guy Upstairs, right?
I have been sitting on being punny with this quote for a while now.   :P

Now I just need to grab together the courage to start colouring it...
...I am still not quite sure how I will render his tan...  :shifty:

Spoiler
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Chocomel

copper skin... it's what all 40k fluff has -_-

LinnScarlett

Quote from: Chocomel on January 24, 2013, 09:28:17 PM
copper skin... it's what all 40k fluff has -_-

There's no such thing as 'copper' skin, they mean turkish :p
Anyway - yes, I know, I meant: what markers I am going to use.

silverfuge

Gm is God

GreaterGoodNewZealand

It's a fantastic piece, Linn. I'm not really a fan of the armour; it seems too cluttered to me. But that is something that GW have set a precedent for, so it's ok. As for the skin, I think a lighter shade of tanned skin might work, but there might be an issue with that that I'm not seeing.
I wrote a tabletop war game! It can be found here  http://thatkiwiguy.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/5/ -  if people wish to read the rules. Still working on some of the factions and most of the background.

LinnScarlett

Quote from: silverfuge on January 24, 2013, 10:36:31 PM
Nice art work

Quote from: GreaterGoodNewZealand on January 24, 2013, 10:50:09 PM
It's a fantastic piece, Linn. I'm not really a fan of the armour; it seems too cluttered to me. But that is something that GW have set a precedent for, so it's ok. As for the skin, I think a lighter shade of tanned skin might work, but there might be an issue with that that I'm not seeing.

Oh, it's just the blending. I haven't decided yet what markers give the most natural, flattering look for the sort of light pseudo-turkish tan that I want for him. Normally I don't make such an issue out of how the skin tone comes out but... ITS EMPY!  :shifty:

LinnScarlett

And the first fully digital (re-sketch of a non-digital) sketch! After the Emperor, it was obvious my favourite Primarch was going to be next, yes? Admittedly, I still haven't picked up the courage to continue the sketch of Emps - am afraid I'll spoil it  :o

En fin, here he is, complete with colour-balance try outs.

Spoiler

Narric

Excellent traditional work there :D

LinnScarlett

Thanks Narric!  :D

I really, really need to get around to actually finishing some of these... I am going out of practice with my damn markers (not to mention, I have 250+ of them and they are about 5 euro a piece, and its a literal fortune going to waste...).

Anyway, after some months of really hard work on my now really nearly finished Research Master's thesis (Palaeolithic archaeology, about the distribution of flint tools at an interglacial little lake); have some more sketches.

After Emps, and Angron, the obvious next target is of course my most favourite mortal.

Spoiler

And then, in an odd sort of nostalgic mood and refinding my (equally way too expensive) coloured pencils, I finally got around to drawing down my mental image of Hastur Sejanus. Somehow I have always seen him as blonde, possibly because God-- I mean, Dan Abnett, insists on how much Loken (supposedly) looks just like him.

So here you have it. Hastur/Garvi. Both work, really.

Spoiler