News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

questions

Started by Chicop76, June 02, 2013, 06:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Well after Saturday, which I should had went full Tau. I realised I need to change my list a bit. The biggest thing tha hure me was bad rolling on my side and good rolling on the other side. Also I was out shot by necrons which stayed out side of 36" and due to really good warlord traits was able to get a decent amount of troops in my deployment zone, out flank and flyers which even 3 strength 8 railguns and 2 seeker misles can't blow up with direct hits.

Anyway I decided back to the drawing board. I am debating throwing out the ethereal due t people starting to know to stay outside of 15". That haapened all day which was annoying. That was with me moving up.

I am not sold on the fireblade which is helpful and has spitfire, but it seems not enough.

I really don't want to do a crisis suit traditional bomb, since in my opinion dishes out fire power and dies. The problem I see with it is that it's literly all your points in one spot.

I figured some used the bomb by now and I can get a second opinion. This ideal only hit 350 points roughly. I figure this is a duable ideal which so far the riptide has been hard for a lot of armies to deal wiith.

I am planning on taking O'Shova and a Riptide with 2 drones for deepstrike insertion. Due to not being able to scatter I can get behind tanks, dem necrons and hit rear armour. With a fusion blast, 4 strength 7 shots and a two shot plasma I should get a rear hit. If I survie shooting O'Shova and a Smashing Riptide can easly deal with and vehicle issues.

I don't know if I should give the tide fnp yet since it is sooooo costly. I know this should work pretty well against armies like Crons. I think O'Shova declining a challenge and a+ 3 invulnerable smashing riptide can deal with anything O'Shova mightnot be able to handle.

Grant it this is in the works. I also thinking about Shadowsun adding +4 cover save. What's cool is she is toughness 3 and by taking 3 drones I will have 8 toughness 6 models due to majority. I can take away Shadowsun Drones that will be toughness 6 +3 invulnerable first.

Carrelio

I don't know if pairing Farsight and a riptide in a single unit is worth while... the benefit is that the riptide can deepstrike easier... but why does it even need to deepstrike? It's got a gigantic range and is among the fastest things in our army (piranhas are pretty much the only thing faster than a battlesuit, and the riptide can jump 4d6 if you want).

I am having similar qualms about the stims.  They are cost effective... raising the riptide's % of survival more than it raises it's % of cost... but meh... hard to say.  I'd probably take them.

Chicop76

It's all abotu the melta. Even with 4d6 movement I had issues chasing down necron skimmers.