News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

Backlash stared distantly past Cloudy as she answered, "I'm worried. We haven't seen anything of the Princess, and there's still at least one somethin' out here that doesn't like us. ...I think it might be a better idea to just group up for the night, stay safe."

Narric

"I agree" Cynder followed after Backlash. "We don't want to be walking near blindly in the dark with threats about."

Waaaghpower

"I'm fine with that," Thunder Bolt agreed, nodding. "I-if you want, I can take a shift watching for danger, too, I'm feeling a lot better after sleeping this afternoon and I don't think I'll be able to get much rest right now anyways, I'm worried that the thing who said she was Backlash might come back." She chewed on her lip, waiting to hear somepony's assent to letting her stand guard.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

"It would be best if we took the watch." The Night Guard Leather Wing responded to Thunder. "It is our duty to protect citizens from harm, and we won't be found sleeping on the job."

HectorSmash

Backlash flitted around their campsite, absentmindedly checking in on everypony - and trying to decide what she should do to pass the night. The guards had only four tents total; they hadn't been expecting an entire hunting party's worth of campers. She knew that, if two ponies took a tent each, that would mean she had a pretty good chance of ending up with somepony... suitable.

On another note, she had pretty much given up hope of ever finding her equipment again. The forest was large and living, and some animal or another would have surely whisked her weapon and armor away by now. Not that she ever did any good with them, anyway.

"So, um... how're we doin' this?" She stood in front of the small campground, waiting for somepony less conspicuous to suggest sleeping arrangements.

Waaaghpower

Thunder Bolt bit her lip, considering the question. Four tents, enough ponies that she'd probably end up sharing. Stepping next to Backlash she quietly asked, "C-can I share a tent with you?" Waiting a beat, she added, "I don't really feel safe with anypony else. If you don't trust me, that's fine, I... I understand, I can sleep by myself. But I'd appreciate it."

HectorSmash

Keeping her voice low, trying not to arouse suspicion, Backlash looked apologetic and replied, "What about Plumber? I can't protect nothin' but myself in the state I'm in, sadly, and he'd feel a lot better too."

Waaaghpower

Thunder looked at Backlash, deadpan. "I've apologized, b-but I don't know if I feel safe sharing a tent... If the forest starts acting up a-again, I have no way to defend myself," she explained. "I can't exactly wear wingblades to bed, and they aren't good for self defense either." A second went by, and then she asked, "Could I borrow your sword thing? Please?"

HectorSmash

Backlash's brow arched in concern, and then she stifled a bitter laugh.

"I wouldn't give it to ya even if I had it. Plumber wouldn't hurt a mosquito, let alone one of us.

"Tell you what; I'll sleep in his tent. That'll keep him 'busy,' on the off chance he goes all crazy again. An' you-" she poked a hoof at Thunder's chest, "- should get to bed, you're goin' loopy on us. Get the guards to... um, guard ya. I'm sure they won't mind."

Mabbz

Cloudy Daze had been sitting with the other Night Guards, Cynder and Hazy Image, as they discussed who would be taking watch over the night. He wasn't really paying much attention to what was being said as he couldn't help but listen to Backlash. He was hoping there would be a chance for them to share a tent, but it was looking like things weren't going in his favour.

"So we agree, Cynder and Cloudy will take first watch. You alright with that Captain Daze?" Hearing his own name brought him back to the conversion he was supposed to be a part of. All four of the other pnies were looking at him, Cynder and Hazy a little confused. "You're never going to get a promotion if you keep daydreaming during important planning Cloudy Daze." Leather Wing had a look of disappointment professionally decorating his face.

"Sorry." Cloudy instantly set himself in a more appropriate and trained position, not wanting to appear unprofessional in front of his underlings. "Two ponies per watch seems a little excessive though; we all need our rest and it doesn't take much time to shout a warning. We'll only have one per watch, so everyone gets a shorter watch. Being well rested seems more important to me."

Narric

"That makes sense." Cynder spoke up.  "Hopefully the alarm won't need to be raised, but to assume good fortune is on our side is bound to bring us trouble."

kingofmonkeys

Plumber had been sitting on a rock by the tent eyeing the forest with unease. He prodded at the bandage on his leg with a sigh, "so sick of this damn forest" he muttered angrily to himself before standing up. "so uh I've still got a few oats left if anyone's hungry" Plumber smiled weakly around him, his left ear twitching again slightly.

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Narric

"I'm fine, thank you Plumber" Cynder responded after what felt like an age.

Mabbz

"Sure, I'll have some," replied Hazy, turning away from Cloudy who was rubbing his throat with a confused expression. "I don't remember when I last ate."

Waaaghpower

Thunder Bolt sat, staring into the campfire with a vaguely happy expression, apparently lost in thought, perhaps fantasy of everything sorting itself or going well for the group. Hearing the question, she looked up from the flames, apparently losing her train of thought. "What? Oh, no thank you."