News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Here's an idea. For any remaining truths or dares, post them in here rather than the RP thread (just post something like "I dare Hazy to cuddle Pale"), and then the victim can RP being asked as well as answering or carrying out the dare. That way, we can just put a few time skips in our posts to avoid waiting for other people all together, with people posting their responses when they have the time.

To use the above example, if someone did post that here in the OoC thread, I would simply post the following in the RP thread:

QuoteA few minutes later, the bottle landed on Hazy. "Give me a hug!" yelled a remarkable inebriated Pale Ale.

Hazy stumbled a little as he wandered over and glomped Pale, nuzzling him affectionately. It was adorable.

You have a few more days, then it's over and I move us on. Make the most of it.

Narric

Sorry guys, I keep getting distracted :P

I might pinch that though ;)

HectorSmash

I dare Plumber to let me style his mane! not that I have any room to judge

Mabbz

Hector, I feel I should leave this here:

http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-v3-397808116

Once this dare is over, I'll move us on. Or thursday. Whichever happens first.

Narric

I've had to tweak Cynders design to fit into the new Pony Creator :P

Old
New

May go back an tweak it some more (like body colour), but those are the closest mane and tail designs to the V1 Pony Creator.

HectorSmash

HectorSmash

That took an ungodly amount of edits to get the image to work right. Also, I tried to recreate Plumber as closely as possible in Pony Creator, but the damn thing just doesn't have everything. Mighta been better off just drawing it myself. Oh well, enjoy Plumlash.

Mabbz

Enough! Stop having fun guys! :P

I considered delaying another day in case someone wanted to react to Plumber's new hairdo, but I've already stalled for a good two weeks now. Endgame begins, Let's get this show on the road!

HectorSmash

RISE AND SHINE

Finals are over so yay. If any of you guys check this topic and the other one less frequently, let this be your 'hey it's time to do stuff again' reminder.

Narric

Mabbz, i hope my rolls are okay. I assumed the tiredness would counter Cynders natural talent towards fire magic, and the second one I assumed he just fumbled anyway due to the bad roll, seeing as he had already started focusing his magic his tiredness mentally would have dissipated. Don't wait to correct me if I fucked up though. :P

Mabbz

Don't worry, your rolls are fine. Having said that, I have a little bit of unfortunate news. First, you're outnumbered by six trained Night Guards, and second, here's the princess's character sheet:

Name: Princess Luna (Diarch of Equestria, Bringer of Harmony, Queen of the Night, Mistress of the Moon, Dream Walker, The Smaller One, Discord's Bane, etc.)
Pony Type: Alicorn (all three racial abilities, plus a nice magical power boost that grants a +3 to the second roll in any magic based stat check) and Equinomorphic Ponification (immortal as the moon, able to effortlessly control aspects of the night)
S: 14
E: 16
A: 15
M: 17
I: 18
Cutie mark: The moon in the night sky.

Narric

Wait, do we have to roll under or over our stats? I assumed ove r for my rolls, though with my Agility, Cynder would be very fast :P

Mabbz

Under for the first and over for the second. Normally you would have failed both, but your cutie mark bonus let you pass the first test.

Narric

I did try looking for the rules on it, but I couldn't find it. Do you have a permalink to the rolling rules?

Mabbz

Here you go. I've also put them in the first post of this thread, to avoid any further confusion.

Stat Checks!
Stat Checks!

1) roll a d20.
2) if you rolled under the relevant stat, you passed.
3) roll another d20.
4) this result determines the how well everything went. For example, getting around 10 is average, so if you passed then did what you wanted fairly effectively, while if you failed then nothing bad happened, you just didn't manage what you wanted. Lower numbers mean things didn't go according to plan (bad failure or gone horribly right), while higher numbers mean thing turned out well (great success or "well, it's not what I had in mind, but it worked!")

Modifiers are usually applied to your stat rather than your roll (so a positive modifier is a good thing). Here's a few common ones:
Cutie mark bonus: +3
Tiredness: -1 for a bit tired (late night), -2 for very tired (too much exercise), -3 for exhausted (literally falling asleep)
Injury: varies between -1 to -5. Check with me.
Adrenaline: +1 if you're in a life or death situation.