News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

[Tau] Super Heavy Tau Tank conversion on GW Blog

Started by Masked Thespian, July 17, 2012, 10:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masked Thespian

As seen at the bottom of this page, an individual by the name of Andrew Perkins has cut up 4 Hammerheads (and a few other things) to make a Tau Superheavy Tank.  Certainly worth a look for all of our Tau fans.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

InsaneTD

That does look awesome. I'd love to make one of those myself.

Narric

I'm the only one that thinks thats OTT, aren't I

Wouldn't four independants Railheads cause more co-ordinated damage then this?

The Man They Call Jayne

I would assume they count as TL Railcannons rather than 4 Railguns.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

salamut2202

I don't like it. It took some serious skill, I just don't like that you can tell that/it looks like it's a bunch of hammerheads tapped together.

KCKitsune

I agree with salamut2202, it's nice, but it does look like 4 Hammerheads glued together.  I also agree with Narric.  4 Railheads would cause more damage than this monster.  They would also have more endurance.

The Tau superheavy is the Manta Missile Destroyer.  IMHO, the Manta is the BEST superheavy if you also count fluff.  A Manta (per IA3) has a short range FTL drive.  They can also enter and leave a planet on their own... every other Superheavy (except Eldar) has to be carried to the planet, down the gravity well, and then set up.  The Manta can be carried to the very outer edge of the solar system, deployed, and it can do a short FTL jump to the target planet, go down the gravity well and start fighting and deploying troops immediately.

From the Makers of Lemon Flavored Kitten souls, comes the newest in Taste Sensations... Mutant Evil Sauce(tm)*!

Mutant Evil Sauce is Good(tm) on EVERYTHING

* == Evil Snacks Inc is not responsible for any uncontrolled outbreaks of flesh eating zombies