News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

With a stab of pity to her heart, Backlash trotted over to the depressed earth pony and lightly pushed him in the shoulder.

"Hey, don't worry, I'll go with you if you want."

She'd have rather gone with Thunder or one of the unicorns for sure, but his emotional plight took precedence over everything else in her mind.

Waaaghpower

"Like I said, we can draw straws," Thunder recommended. "That way nobody will just get chosen out of pity and sympathy." She gave a slight glare to Plumber when she said it, very slight but noticeable. She wasn't (Read: Didn't think she was) mad about the discord incident, she just wished he would suck it up and stop moping all the time.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

kingofmonkeys

Plumber gives Backlash a small smile which falls off his face to be replaced by his now default glum expression at Thunder's words. "yeah... straws.. sure." Plumber busies himself checking the straps on his chest plate and staring at the cave wall unhappily.

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Minrat

Patent stayed silent as the others deliberated splitting up.  He didn't really mind going alone-and if he were to be paired with a Pegasi or Unicorn, he would find the experience tedious.

On the other hand-a bit of time spent with another earth pony would be comforting...not that Patent would ever say that in the company of a non earth pony.

HectorSmash

Backlash snorted in irritation at being overridden, but said nothing to that effect. Instead, she shot a glance around each of her teammates and spoke, significantly less confidently than before.

"Alright... Anypony got some straw?"

Mabbz

1d4=1
1d3=1
1d2=1

"Well, Thunder and Plumber are injured, so they aren't going alone and it doesn't make sense to put them together," said Hazy. Of course, that wasn't the only reason he thought they should be split up, but it was enough. "As for the rest of us..." after a moments thought, he pulled a few large splinters of wood from the mine cart tracks.

The straws were drawn, and the teams were decided. Plumber would go with Backlash, which Hazy considered a good outcome. Thunder would go with Pale, which seem reasonable, and Patent and Hazy would go solo. Hazy wasn't sure sending a civillian alone was the best choice, but Patent seemed sensible from the little Hazy had seen of him, so hopefully it would all work out.

"Now that that's sorted, which team is going which route?"

HectorSmash

Backlash smiled to herself at the outcome of the drawing and put a hoof around Plumber's shoulder.

"Whaddaya think, Plumber? I don't really mind where we go, got a preference?"

kingofmonkeys

Plumber flinches slightly at the unexpected physical contact then relaxes and gives Backlash a weak smile. "I.. don't really care... wherever is fine..."

#15 to the new world

HectorSmash

She confidently smiled back and looked to Hazy.

"We'll take the second passage, then. That one." She indicated the northwest passage with her leatherbound hoof.

kingofmonkeys

"ok....well... let's... um.. get..going..." Plumber hefts his wrench and makes for the entrance to the indicated tunnel. He was glad to have been paired with Backlash she seemed nice enough and she looked like she was good in a fight, he just hoped once she heard what he had done in the forest she wouldn't hate him like the rest of the group probably did.

#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Eventually, the groups settled on their paths. Hazy went down the south-western passage, Patent took the northern way, Backlash and Plumber took the north-western tunnel and Thunder and Pale went to the east.

Plumber and Backlash's tunnel went fairly straight to begin with, but they soon found a large alcove. The alcove turned out to have nothing of interest though, so they pressed on, turning a bend to find themselves on the edge of a chasm. The floor was at least 30 feet down, and the chasm stretched to the east and west. By the look of it, it would likely intersect with plenty of other tunnels too.

Stretching across the chasm was a bridge for the mine cart track. It disappeared into another tunnel on the opposite wall. The bridge clearly hadn't been maintained in a while, but it looked sturdy enough to support them.

Patent wandered down his passage, round a couple of bends and found himself in the same cavern, though he didn't know it. He was on the cavern floor. Noting the size of the cave, he realised that there had to be other tunnels leading off from it. He couldn't see the opposite wall well though due to the low lighting and the large pillars of crystal that he guessed were supporting the ceiling. The miners would have taken them if they weren't structurally integral to the cave.

Thunder and Pale's tunnel led curved round to the south, and was very unremarkable. Eventually it led to a rail bridge over a small chasm, before disappearing into another passage on the other side. The floor was too far away to see, but there were two enormous crystalline pillars reaching up to the ceiling.

Back at the safe house, Anna passed the time worrying about her situation. Why had she agreed to this? Was it too late to back out? If she tried, they might imprison her. Or banish her. Or banish her then imprison her in the place that they banished her to!

A knock on the door jerked her out of her thought. This was supposed to be a safe house, so why was someone knocking? Should she answer?

map

Walrus Man

Pale directed the light from his horn out over the chasm in a somewhat futile attempt to pierce the gloom and see the bottom. "I sure hope this bridge is sturdy," he remarked to Thunder as he placed a first tentative hoof onto the walkway.
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

HectorSmash

With a meaningful look at Plumber, Backlash stepped out onto the bridge and tentatively made to cross it. With any luck, her armor's weight would emulate Plumber's without causing too much structural damage.

As she crossed the chasm, she couldn't help but marvel at the beautiful crystal pillars not too distant from their position. She could see herself and Plumber dimly reflected in each facet. With any luck, nothing huge or bridge-destroying would be hiding behind said pillars, and they'd be able to cross in peace.

She made the mistake of looking down a few times. Being a pegasus, she had naturally gotten used to the sensation of vertigo that generally accompanied exploratory glances at the ground, but fear of falling still managed to sink its fangs deep into her. With her armor on, she knew she'd only be able to flap helplessly as she plummeted toward the ground. Maybe she could grab onto a collapsing timber and ride it down? She could only hope.

Realizing just how quick her breathing was getting, she took a deep, shuddering breath and carried on.

Waaaghpower

Thunder nodded. Injured as she was, she wouldn't want the bridge to collapse under her. Between the leather Armor and her various lacerations and bruises, she might survive the fall but getting back up would be neigh on impossible.
She could have been happier with her choice of partner, but Bolt was fine with Pale. He was neither a racist pig nor a sobbing rapist, so she could tolerate his company and trust him in a bind. "How long do you suppose this path goes?" She asked, following behind him.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Walrus Man

"I couldn't say for sure," Pale answered as he made his way slowly across the bridge, "some of these old mines can run for miles underground. We could be walking in a huge loop and not know it."
He risked another quick glance over the side of the bridge. "I wonder if they were mining for those odd crystals? I've never seen anything like them before."
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out