News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

digital weapons question

Started by Chicop76, December 26, 2012, 10:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

The other day I was looking at digital weapons and noticed you get to re roll to wound in the assault phase.

Than it dawn on me digital weapons can now work on your ranged weapons via over watch. Thinking about it more so. Taking Grey Knights as an example you can take an incinerator with digital weapons which would allow you to re roll to wound due to wall of fire, grant it you wounding on a 2+ mostly anyway.

That being also said digital weapons on some models who have twin linked high volume low strength weapons would be helpful.

Thinking abojt it some more I realized Vulcan run armies woul be killer on overwatch due to twin linked love.

Waaaghpower

I am fairly sure it means 'in assault' and it seems sort of cheap. Unless I'm remembering it wrong, it's technically an applicable rule (though I don't know why they would make a gun with the Digital Weapons rule if they didn't mean it to be used like that.)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Chicop76

Quote from: Waaaghpower on December 26, 2012, 11:38:51 PM
I am fairly sure it means 'in assault' and it seems sort of cheap. Unless I'm remembering it wrong, it's technically an applicable rule (though I don't know why they would make a gun with the Digital Weapons rule if they didn't mean it to be used like that.)

Overwatch happens in the assault phase. Also it just says you have digital weapons and not what weapon it is on. A very good example whould be the monkey in the Grey Knights army that can fire a Lazcannon, Multi-melta, and Heavy Flammer, but do not have any close combat weapons and the weapons sweep is part of his advanced digital weapons.

The way it is worded it seems that if you take digital weapons it would apply to the shooting weapon in assault phase and the melee weapon.

DEF Knight

It doesn't really seem RAI per se, but I don't see any issues with RAW. Haven't checked to see if it's FAQ'd yet, though.

Potentially if you really wanted a rules lawyering challenge up, you could claim "