News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Hazy's eyes briefly darted towards Backlash as he considered the question. Eventually he decided to go for a simple, safe answer.

"Well, obviously Princess Luna," he chuckled. "Didn't you know she can make your dreams come true?"

Before anypony could protest at his response, he span the bottle. It landed on Backlash.

Truth
"Truth."

"What's the weirdest thing you've ever done with somepony in the bedroom?"

Dare
"Dare."

"I dare you to sing me a love song!"

HectorSmash

Backlash pointed her hooves mockingly in Hazy's general direction in response to his answer, and sang a foalish little tune, "I'm tellin' Luuuuuuna! She's gonna send you to the mooooooon...a! Hehehaha!"

A few seconds of silence passed, after the bottle landed on her, before Hazy realized she couldn't see past the helmet. As soon as she'd been told -

"Woohooo! Dare! No more rhyming!"

She stopped dead, the ecstatic grin dropping as Hazy sadistically spelled out his dare. She protested, "B-...but that's more rhyming... an', uh, it's not even cool..." With the overlarge helmet hanging cock-eyed over her head, and the rest of her body slumped in defeat, she looked like a comically proportioned puppy.

"Do I hafta?"

Narric

"You fell right into it." Cynder responded, smiling playfully. "Its either take the dare, or take a forfeit of Hazy's choosing. I think thats how this game works anyway."

Waaaghpower

"Technically, Backlash," Thunder interjected, raising a hoof and trying to appear scholarly. "A proper love ballad isn't required to follow a rhyming pentameter, that's just standard form." Noticing some strange looks, her ears drooped and she said, "Um, I dated a poetry buff for a few months. Broke it off before things got too serious, he kept writing me cheesy couplets."
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

"I'll take your word for it," Hazy said, impressed at Thunder's knowledge, as well as her loquaciousness while drunk. "Anyways, yeah, sing me a song or the whole group comes up with a forfeit for you. You know, you don't actually have to make up an original song."

Mabbz

Backlash's hesitation continued for several long moments, with her looking more and more uncomfortable by the minute. Hazy decided to take pity on her. "I suppose I could let you switch over to truth, if you really can't think of anything to sing..."

If you choose to take Hazy's offer
"YES! I mean, sure," Backlash backpedalled. "'cause I've really gone blank"

Hazy's original idea for a truth would probably be even more embarrassing than the dare, so he decided to come up with something less private. "How did you get your cutie mark?"

HectorSmash

"Nah, nah, I got it. Jus'..." Backlash tilted up the helmet to get a good, pitiful look at Hazy. The helmet went back down as she flopped on her side.

Hazy spelled out the truth option for her, just in case.

She lay still for a few seconds more, then calmly took off the helmet and gave Hazy a deeply accusatory glare. "Are you serious? Of all the times to ask a question like that, you pick now? Some fuckin' timing you got..." She appears to think Hazy already knows.

"Y'know what? No, no, fine. I killed a colt when I was younger. You happy? He was a prick, an' a bully, and he came after my friend, so I killed his ass in cold fucking blood. Heh, hey! I didn't mean ta! But, y'know, when you let your emotions get the best of ya, well, shit happens!"

She finished her outburst with a toss of her shoulders and rolled on her side, facing away from everypony else.

Mabbz

The ponies sat in stunned silence for a several long moments, trying to process this revelation. Hazy was shocked, although he instinctively assumed that Backlash had a good reason for the murder. Eventually he realised that if he didn't speak up, somepony else would and they might not be especially tactful. Walking over to Backlash, he put a comforting hoof on her shoulder and used his magic to start stroking her hair. "I'm sorry for bringing that up, I didn't know," he said gently. "If you want to talk about it, I'll listen. If not, I understand."

Narric

"Mistakes happen." Cynder spoke up. "I wouldn't have thought your were a killer, and I think you're being to harsh on yourself. Until this mission is over, and any double agents exposed, having someone that can be unpredictable in this aspect might be an asset, as our enemies may not expect it themselves."

Cynder was trying to be logical in his response. His own missions in the past had been more of surveillance and espionage, rather than killing.

Waaaghpower

"Hey," Thunder said, raising her hoof again and burping as she interjected. "I mean, if that's your talent then it's your talent. If we didn't have a few fighters along on this mission, we'd have failed in like, a second." She paused, before adding, "And we killed a buncha ponies on this mission, too. I mean, I didn't, but you know..."
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

Backlash let herself be consoled by Hazy - at least, until the other two spoke up. Turning around to face them again, she gave them a frozen expression, somewhere between shock and despair.

"I'm not a killer. That's not me. You don't know anything about me. Ponies don't get special talents in killing."

She stared off into the wall, not looking at Thunder, Cynder, or even Hazy. "I heard, a long time ago, back before I had to leave, that when you kill another pony, part of you goes with 'em. That ain't true. Nothin's black and white. I don't know what any of you hold close to your hearts, but I'm sure at least one of ya would kill for it - if you had to. You're just lucky you ain't had to. No, it's more like opening a window. You kinda realize, at the same time, how beautiful life is, and how horrific the thing you jus' did is. It's like opening up a book to the last page before you finish the first chapter. Nopony's s'posed to know that, not yet. And there's no goin' back.

"But I ain't a killer, and if you think that's all I'm good for, then you can just take these stupid rocks home yourself."

She tried to keep up the aggressive look and stance, but it wasn't long until she clearly started to falter.

Mabbz

"Of course we don't think that," Hazy assured her gently. "And I'm pretty sure I speak for everypony when I say that we don't want you to leave." It suddenly occurred to him that one pony was being awfully quiet, so he glanced over at Plumber to see how he was taking it.

kingofmonkeys

Plumber stared at his tankard of cider silently for a moment then looked up with a loud sigh before draining the tankard in one go. "y'know this whole journey's been pretty terrible, and we've finally got the opportunity to relax for a bit."
he glanced nervously around before continuing.
"I'd rather not argue and point hooves the entire time we have here. Luna only knows when our next chance is gonna be heck somepony could come in and cut our throats while we sleep."
Plumber grimaced and looked like he wished he hadn't imagined that.
"so... how about we try our best to leave the trouble outside the inn door just for the night?"
Plumber looked around at the group hopeful that the doubt and fear clawing at his insides hadn't shown in his voice.
"so how about whoever spins the bottle drinks and whoever it lands on must also drink?"
He stood and went to refill his tankard at the keg taking a huge pull on it and topping it off again before returning to the group sitting around the bottle then grinned awkwardly, a glint of his former jovial attitude shining in his eyes. 

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

HectorSmash

Backlash swallowed hard. She looked at Hazy, then followed his gaze over to Plumber.

"Okay."

She gave Thunder and Cynder a glance - whether fearful, or furtive, or just plain worried, even she couldn't say - and nodded, taking deep breaths for stability.

"Okay. Yeah. You guys don't needa hear about my problems. Let's just... enjoy, for a night. Yeah." She smiled a little, despite looking and feeling like she'd flown a marathon.

In her exhaustion, she allowed herself to lean on Hazy, just a little.

Narric

"I lost track of whos turned it was, so I'll just spin the bottle, and we'll go from there" Cynder spoke up.

The bottle spinned rapidly, skipping as it caught bumps on the floor. As it began to slow down, it landed on Backlash.

"uhm, didn't mean for that to happen." Cynder quickly said. "I'll spin it again, as you probably want a rest" Cynder tried to smile, and hoped it mended bridges in some way with Backlash.

Again the bottle was spun, a touch slower this time. The bottle seemed to have a strange sense of humour, as it stopped pointing quite clearly towards Plumber.

Take a Truth
"What will you do when our adventure is over?"
Take a Dare
"Take five tankards and fill them with Cider. Drink all five in quick succession."