News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Storm of Fire Question?

Started by Chicop76, May 02, 2013, 10:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

I been looking over storm of fire now and think it's a lot better than I realize. At this point if I reread to many time I think I make it do what I want it to do. That being said I wanted to post this question here to make sure.

In the past I thought and played that it only impacts one unit.

After re reading it a few times this is how I think it works.

1. Select storm of fire in the movement phase.
2. All appliable units within 12" are able to shoot extra, can't be stacked by another Ethereal.
3. It last till next movement phase, so overwatch shots are also able to shoot extra.

This means against the fleshhounds of Khorne army which loves to scout. I will be firing with 5 squads = 60 fire warriors, which is 180 shots if all 5 squads is within 12" of the Ethereal and 15" within of the hounds. If I can marker light 10 times than that's 150 strength 5 hits and 100 wounds I can dish out which 66 on average is unsaveable killing 33 hounds not in cover.

Why take a fireblade???

Since I am not getting an answer I'll re ask.

does storm of fire give one unit of fire warriors extra shooting, or does it give all units within 12" extra shooting.

The Man They Call Jayne

All units within 12" that are carrying Pulse Weapons get Storm of Fire. Firewarriors with either weapon, Kroot with Rifles and Sniper Drones.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

salamut2202

Chicop76

Quote from: salamut2202 on May 03, 2013, 02:58:14 AM
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on May 03, 2013, 02:15:28 AMSniper Drones.
...the shenanigans....

Meaning you can run 27 sniper drones that can fire 91 times within 30" at bs 5.

The Man They Call Jayne

Oh yes. In smaller games, where points are restricted and a Broadside team would take up too many, they can be VERY useful.

BlackPowderChocobo

I know, getting Sniper Drones off eBay have been harder since they're actually quite good for what they do.  I was thinking of running 2 Squads of 2 Marksmen and 5 Drones; It's just more than 3 naked Broadsides.  Have them flanking an Ethereal in a 12 man FW squad and the amount of fire they dish out is amazing. 

A fun alternative would be to have the Sniper Team scout somewhere and use a squad of Kroot Snipers w/ an attached Ethereal (Aun'shi if you got the points) to Infiltrate up in front, but within 12" of the Sniper Teams.   You can sniper like crazy and if the Kroot Team is assaulted, the sniper teams provide the Supporting Fire and the Kroot can still get the extra pulse shot from Storm of Fire themselves.  Even in a 10 man Kroot Squad, that's going to take out a couple of MEQs, and the Sniper Drones can take out a couple each themselves. 

I am looking forward to trying that formation out :)
I'm sorry Tony the Yodelling Shetland Pony can't sing tonight.  He's a little hoarse.

The Man They Call Jayne

You would need to be within 6 inches of the Sniper Team to get Supporting Fire though.

BlackPowderChocobo

D'oh, thanks for the catch in my idea.  Not a major deal, though. 
I'm sorry Tony the Yodelling Shetland Pony can't sing tonight.  He's a little hoarse.