News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

DreadKnight an Paladin Question?

Started by Chicop76, August 06, 2012, 12:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

1. I just realzed that a dreadknight is a flying Monsterous creature. That being said I was thinking of adding wings to it. I was figuring that I would add some griffon wings, but I need something bigger. I'm thinking of flying over units and hit them with str 10 ap 3 auto hits and than hit them with a str 6 ap 4 flamer. The best part he can't be assaulted unless you shoot him down out of the air.

2. With the Halberds I realize in the Focrce weapon section it make the weapons +1 str, but it stikes at int 1, yet the codex says the weapons strikes at +2 int, so do they strike at int 1 or 6 is my question.

Narric

Quote from: Chicop76 on August 06, 2012, 12:20:05 PM
2. With the Halberds I realize in the Focrce weapon section it make the weapons +1 str, but it stikes at int 1, yet the codex says the weapons strikes at +2 int, so do they strike at int 1 or 6 is my question.
I think this may be covered in the FAQ.

Quote from: 6th Ed Grey Knights V1.0Page 54

Chicop76

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on August 06, 2012, 01:08:35 PM
Quote from: Chicop76 on August 06, 2012, 12:20:05 PM
I think this may be covered in the FAQ.

Quote from: 6th Ed Grey Knights V1.0Page 54

Unusual Suspect

Is there something I'm missing that makes a Dreadknight a Flying Monstrous Creature?  ???

Quote from: Grey Knight FAQQ:  Personal Teleporters make the unit with them jump infantry.  How does this affect a Dreadknight with a Personal Teleporter?
A:  It is a Jump Monstrous Creature.
I you private dancer.

Narric

Quote from: Unusual Suspect on August 06, 2012, 04:26:22 PM
Is there something I'm missing that makes a Dreadknight a Flying Monstrous Creature?  ???

Quote from: Grey Knight FAQQ:  Personal Teleporters make the unit with them jump infantry.  How does this affect a Dreadknight with a Personal Teleporter?
A:  It is a Jump Monstrous Creature.

Having a quick flick to the unit entry section of the rulebook. You essentially add "jump Infantry" atributes to another Unit Type. So Jump Monstrous Creature,  Follows the rules for MCs, with the movement and assault rules of a "jump" model

Unusual Suspect

...Yeah, I'm aware of that.  The OP is talking about the Dreadknight following the rules for a FLYING Monstrous Creature, which to my knowledge, is a subtype never granted to the Dreadknight.

I was pointing out what seemed to be a slight leap (heh) in logic.
I you private dancer.

Narric

Quote from: Unusual Suspect on August 06, 2012, 04:43:18 PM
...Yeah, I'm aware of that.  The OP is talking about the Dreadknight following the rules for a FLYING Monstrous Creature, which to my knowledge, is a subtype never granted to the Dreadknight.

That may be the case. I think most people would assume that any monstrous creature with the "jump" unit type would think of the "FMC" rules.

And in terms of how it "could" be granted to the DK, is by the "Teleporter" wargear. I think under the new rules, it simply adds "Jump" to a model's/unit's unit type. Then we have the assumption QED.

Chicop76

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on August 06, 2012, 05:28:44 PM
Quote from: Unusual Suspect on August 06, 2012, 04:43:18 PM

That may be the case. I think most people would assume that any monstrous creature with the "jump" unit type would think of the "FMC" rules.

And in terms of how it "could" be granted to the DK, is by the "Teleporter" wargear. I think under the new rules, it simply adds "Jump" to a model's/unit's unit type. Then we have the assumption QED.

In the FAQ it does say it is a jump mc. Why it it not considered a fmc while other jump mc's are flying MCs is anyone's guess.

Narric

Quote from: Chicop76 on August 06, 2012, 05:47:10 PM
In the FAQ it does say it is a jump mc. Why it it not considered a fmc while other jump mc's are flying MCs is anyone's guess.
I think that goes down to method of transit.

A Winged Tyrant actual has wings and literally flies, whilst a Teleporting DK is making quick jumps with localized warp travel (someone who's read the GK Codex, do correct me of the method).

At least, thats how I think of it.

Chicop76

Quote from: Narric of 4th Sphere on August 06, 2012, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: Chicop76 on August 06, 2012, 05:47:10 PM
I think that goes down to method of transit.

A Winged Tyrant actual has wings and literally flies, whilst a Teleporting DK is making quick jumps with localized warp travel (someone who's read the GK Codex, do correct me of the method).

At least, thats how I think of it.

That is a good point. The pack is a teleporter which can make a long jump once a game which you can only shoot afterwards.

I was hoping the expensive flight abilty would be really worth taking over the 4 str 8 auto cannon shots.

With Grey Knights I am starting to favor mass psycannons this edition more than using anything else.

Matt1785

The Dreadknight falls into the same category as the Chaos Space Marine Daemon Prince with wings, you are a 'Jump' monstrous creature, not a Flying monstrous creature.  You want a flying Daemon Prince you have to ally one in from the Daemons Codex... which I do find strange...

But on the other hand, let's face it, do you really want terminator armor having the same rules as Flying Monstrous Creatures?  He would be nearly impossible to kill.