News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Narric on October 20, 2011, 12:18:44 AM
Did Zothern suddenly master the art of the Drunken Fist in that fight? :P
He fell on top of the Daemon, pointy-end first. :P

Excellent work so far Rav ;D
Thanks. I try. ;)

BTW, I didn't really figure out a "Basic Provisions" list for Zothern, as I wasn't entirely sure what would be considered basic for an Adventurer with Town Guard Training. Could you PM me that info, or will you state it here?
Well, much like everyone else, it would include at least 3 days food and water, some small bandages, camping utilities, quite probably some spark rocks, and for a Town Guard, a small pack of medical supplies (healing salves and unguents, bandages, sling, splints, a few medicines). It's enough to get you by for a few days to a week in the wilderness without needing to resort to hunting/fishing/gathering skills.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

The Man They Call Jayne

Ok, Ouch. :P

Still, 1 Shadowmage down!

After summoning that fire creature I could use some water though, a sort of Djinn & Tonic :P
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on October 20, 2011, 01:13:08 AM
After summoning that fire creature I could use some water though, a sort of Djinn & Tonic :P
You're terrible, you know that? :P

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Quote from: Ravager Zero on October 20, 2011, 01:21:12 AM
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on October 20, 2011, 01:13:08 AM
You're terrible, you know that? :P
I assume that's the terrible joke he makes when he wakes up? :P

Mabbz

Sorry i couldn't help with the shadowmage, next time I'll remember I'm a mage and, y'know, not rush headlong into combat  :-[. That said, I killed way more lupines than any of you. And what actually happened to that dark swarm? It flew at me and vanished, apparantly.

By the way, when I summon bones, do they dissappear by themselves or are the still lying around? If they are still lying around, then two questions:

1. can I banish them the same way I summoned them, and how much energy would it use?

2. how easy/effective would it be to create a bunch of bone spikes sticking out of the ground, encircling our camp? It might make a useful defence. I probably wont do it now, I doubt we'll be attacked again today.

Mabbz

Quote from: General Mkoll on November 17, 2011, 11:36:54 AM
"Out of interest, would this work for the ammunition of a bow, or does it work solely on the weapon itself?"
Quote from: Mabbz on November 17, 2011, 11:50:53 AM
"Hmm... I'm no runesmith, but I doubt it. I think the stone would have to be mounted, intact, on the arrow. I doubt it would fly well and you'd only get one enchanted arrow out of it. Perhaps if you mounted the stone on your bow it could enchant as you fire... Tybalt, you're the runesmith, is any of this possible?"
Rav, how much of this is possible? I imagine TD will need to know for his next post. Also, what's special about Jayne's runestone?

InsaneTD

Well Rav has said before that the Ammo needs to be enchanted.

From what I can remember of the setting and my theories of how stuff works, I can come up with some ideas. Lets see what Rav has to say first.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on November 17, 2011, 11:54:28 AM
Quote from: General Mkoll on November 17, 2011, 11:36:54 AM
"Out of interest, would this work for the ammunition of a bow, or does it work solely on the weapon itself?"
Quote from: Mabbz on November 17, 2011, 11:50:53 AM
"Hmm... I'm no runesmith, but I doubt it. I think the stone would have to be mounted, intact, on the arrow. I doubt it would fly well and you'd only get one enchanted arrow out of it. Perhaps if you mounted the stone on your bow it could enchant as you fire... Tybalt, you're the runesmith, is any of this possible?"
Rav, how much of this is possible? I imagine TD will need to know for his next post. Also, what's special about Jayne's runestone?
Oan already has a Runebow, with a rune of accuracy (Leritas) inscribed upon it.
Both weapons and ammunition can have runes inscribed/invoked on them, usually for different purposes.

Example, a Cendius (fire) rune on a bow would cause each shot to inflict some fire damage.
Cendius on an arrow would essentially turn it into a firebolt spell.

I remember TD was asking specifically about ammo for harming daemons (blessed ammo). You could bless the gun itself, which would make it slightly better, but it would only do extra damage to daemons were it used as a club. ;)

The stone would be destroyed in the process of correctly invoking the rune, so it would be best placed on something permanent. In addition, the effects I was stating were from Enmeshing the stone with the base material (requiring a skilled arcane blacksmith

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Terminal Dosage on November 17, 2011, 12:37:04 PM
Well Rav has said before that the Ammo needs to be enchanted.
He has, quite right. I forgot about that. Still, it was an in character post. My character knows precious little about magic. :P

In that case I think I'll be requisitioning a new longsword when we find civilisation. Anyone know where there's a decent arcane blacksmith?
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Can I take the Soulstone out of my Staff and put the Rai-Tane shard in its place? Or will I need to do something else? I want to keep my staff, but being able to change the stone would be helpful.

InsaneTD

What if I was inscribed a rune of banishment in a weapon, would it do anything special, effect any ammo it might have? Or would it have to be on ammo for ranged weapons.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on November 17, 2011, 02:39:29 PM
Can I take the Soulstone out of my Staff and put the Rai-Tane shard in its place? Or will I need to do something else? I want to keep my staff, but being able to change the stone would be helpful.
If your staff was originally designed that way, then yes.

Quote from: Terminal Dosage on November 17, 2011, 02:53:03 PM
What if I was inscribed a rune of banishment in a weapon, would it do anything special, effect any ammo it might have? Or would it have to be on ammo for ranged weapons.
Only if the weapon physically touched a daemon. Eximus is a contact rune, unless combined with Dukator (the rune of focus).

The Man They Call Jayne

Then yes. It was now always designed that way. . . . :shifty:

InsaneTD

Actually that post was made first, roughly four hours earlier. :P

So what is happening boys and Gentlemen?

Mabbz

Dryads, mostly. They've been threatening my pet renevants. And possibly altering our memories, although it could just be some kind of illusion.