News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

The Heresy (backup) - Mechanics thread

Started by Wargamer, May 10, 2012, 01:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

Quote{7,-5} = Unknown
This is coz i pestered you isnt it :P

Right OK, seek and strike! Have some orders, hope to have some RP to support the mechanics once things quieten down a bit here!

1st, 7th and 8th with Guilliman will move from Terra to (1,-1) and join with 2nd who will move from Prosero to (1, -1) (4 Chapters together now). They will attack the Hrud there at the same time as Corax for a nice pincer movement (if he chooses to attack this turn UMs will need a movement test for moving 2 squares)

11th and 12th move from (7,0) to (8,-1) to keep looking for something in the void between maccragge and other places, someone mentioned forgeworlds :P

3rd 4th 5th 6th + 3 chapters of Word Bearers attack enemy (7,-5). (+Imperial guard +Librarians)

UMs 13th and SW 13th and 14th (if Russ deems they will stay with the UMs) will recruit on and around maccragge training the populations defence forces.

14th will try to increase Maccragge's armour value by overseeing moon-base fortresses.

8th, 9th, 10th will continue to work with the plans the Iron warriors have made, strengthening terra and surounding systems (+Legio Mortis)

Railgun Convention

Alright, change of plan. If they want to see force, force they shall see.

Chapters 4-7 and the accompanying Thousands Sons battlegroup, Chapters 1-3, Khan, the Librarius and the Titan demilegion, will move to the threat at 3/-2 (or 3/-3? :P). We shall be shattering key military targets, but avoiding damage where possible and establishing negotiations on contact. We seek surrender, not destruction.

And of course, I shall be asking the Salamanders to join in :P.

Chapters 10-13 will stay at home and recruit/fortify. We should be attacking with about double the forces our opponents have or more - I can spare a few chapters.
So how many crashes have I survived now?

petercute

Salamaders turn.
Vulkan and compaines 1-7 with the knights. will land on the planet take control of milatry outposts. Grid pattern 4, -1
compaines 8-11 will fority and recurit.

Wargamer

Seems nobody tried diplomacy after all, unless I missed it. :P

Anyway guys, orders will be resolved tomorrow, probably in the morning.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Ok, my orders post has been edited to include orders for any Primarchs who may be missing this turn and to dispatch a few more Titans. Will hopefully get the rest sorted and on their way to you guys for turn 9. :)

Also, I'm trying diplomacy. Internet limitations are incredibly annoying. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

silverfuge

Chapters 1-13 with Curze and Lunar wolfs are to move to 3,-5 (means if Lunar wqolfs want to leave after then they have less of a journey)  Once there the mission is to pacify and recruitment

Chapters 14-15 to remain and fortify/ recruit.
Gm is God

Wargamer

Turn 8 Resolutions:

Night Lords:
Curze, 1-13 NL and Luna Wolf allies moved to {3,-5}. One Chapter recruited.
Fortification work successful on Nostramo [AV10].

Salamanders:
Vulkan, 1-7 Sal + Knight Household engaging at {3,-2}.
1 Chapter recruited on Nocturne.
Nocturne is Fortified [AV15]

White Scars:
Khan, 1-7 WS, TK allies, Librarius and Titan Demi-Legio engaging at {3,-2}.
Attempts to further fortify Chogoris have failed - vital supply ships never arrived from Golgotha. Recruitment has also stalled due to lack of supply.

Ultramarines:
Guilliman and 1,2,7,8 UM engaging at {0,-2}. Movement attempt successful (just!).
11-12 UM arrive in Graia sector. Sector contains a Forge World and is brought under control of the Mechanicum.
3rd 4th 5th 6th + 3 chapters of Word Bearers attack enemy (7,-5). (+Imperial guard +Librarians)
13th UM + SW allies recruit on Macragge: 1 Chapter recruited.
Macragge successfully fortified[AV10].
Terra's fortifications enhanced[AV+5].

Space Wolves:
Great Companies 10-12 & 15 holding at {2,1}
16th Great Company has submitted some 'theoretical' defences against psychic attack. They are untested.
17th Great Company has been promised future work on the Aett will be completed in the near future. Supplies are being dispatched.

Dusk Raiders:
Mortarion and Chapters 1-10 moved to {-3,-1} and successfully negotiated peaceful integration with the Abhumans.

Raven Guard:
Raven Guard moving to engage at {0,-2}.
One "Raven-Kin" Chapter recruited.

Emperor's Children:
All five Chapters have arrived in the Chemos Sector, declaring the planet Chemos their homeworld.

Iron Warriors:
Nostramo fortifications enhanced[AV+5].
10th Chapter successfully arrives at Olympia!
Attempts to recruit have not produced new Chapters this turn.

Striking Serpents:
Angron, 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th Serpents plus DA chapters and Knights reach {-4,0} but cannot move further due to rough 'Warp Tides'.
1 Chapter recruited on Spartica.
10-11 SS are now in Hydraphur.
Spartica is Fortified[AV10].

Dark Angels:
Primarch and 1-3 DA traveling to {-1,8} and pacifying any hostiles on route. Succeeds in long range jump.
1 Chapter recruited.

Thousand Sons:
3rd Chapter has arrived at Terra on route to Cthonia.
Prospero is now Fortified[AV10].
Psychic schooling has continued. Blood Angels deemed almost ready to return to the Chapter; there is little else they can be taught.

Luna Wolves:
Horus, Chapters 3,4 & 8 and the Rogue Fleets successfully reach Terra in one turn! Those are some talent Navigators your Legion has! :P
Preliminary elements of the "Eye of Horus" are completed - Cthonia is Fortified[AV5].
The 1st Chapter attempts to reach Terra, but is halted due to Warp Tides.

Other:
Titan Legion Orders all successful.
They were as follows, should anyone forget:
1 Demi Legio of the Legio Maelstrom shall link up with the Thousand Sons at (3,-1)
1 Demi Legio of the Legio Metalica shall join the Iron Warriors forces at (5,5)
1 Demi Legio of the Legio Ignatum shall move to (-4,2)
1 Demi Legio of the Legio Mortis shall attempt to move directly to Cthonia
1 Demi Legio of the Legio Astorum shall attempt to move to (-2,0) looking to eventually link up with Mortarion

{3,-2}

Imperial Forces:
Salamanders - Vulkan + 7 Chapters: 8D10 = [6,8,5,3,5,5,7,6] = (45)
White Scars - Khan + 7 Chapters + Librarius: 8D10+8 = [9,10,6,4,3,2,4,6]+8 = (52)
Thousand Sons - 2 Chapters: 2D10 = [6,6] = (12)
Legio Titanicus - 1 Demi-Legio = [8]+2 = (10)
Knights - 1 Household = [3]+2 = (5)
Imperial Total: 124.

'Berserkers':
Str 8 Army Group + Bestial Fury: [10,7,9,8,10,7,9,8]+8 = (76)
Berserker Total: 76

Berserkers suffer four casualties due to combat resolution.
Damage Rolls:
Berserkers "Tzeench attack" vs White Scars: [4] = no casualties.
White Scars vs Berserkers: [7] = 1 casualty.

Berserkers do not surrender - new round of combat.

Imperial Forces:
Salamanders - Vulkan + 7 Chapters: 8D10 = [2,10,9,9,4,1,5,2] = (42)
White Scars - Khan + 7 Chapters + Librarius: 8D10+8 = [4,9,9,8,4,2,4,9]+8 = (57)
Thousand Sons - 2 Chapters: 2D10 = [8,10] = (18)
Legio Titanicus - 1 Demi-Legio = [3]+2 = (5)
Knights - 1 Household = [10]-1 = (9)
Imperial Total: 131.

Berserkers:
Str 3 army + Bestial Fury: [4,3,5]-3 = (9)

Berserkers are destroyed. Region pacified.

Salamander 1st Chapter gained the 'Pacifier' Trait: +1 combat resolution fighting rebel / mutant humans.

{0,-2}

Imperial Forces:
Ultramarines - Guilliman + 4 Chapters + 'Hrud Taint': [1,1,9,8,9]-2 = (26)
Raven Guard - 15 Chapters: [4,1,3,6,9,5,6,7,1,10,6,8,6,10,9]-2 = (89)
Imperial Fists - 2 Chapters: [7,3] = (10)
Imperial Total: 125

Hrud:
Str 7 Army + 'Hrud Taint': [8,9,8,9,2,2,4]+2 = (44)

Hrud destroyed due to combat resolution.
Damage Rolls.
Hrud vs Ultramarines: [8] = 1 Chapter destroyed.
Hrud vs Raven Guard: [9,8] = 2 Chapter destroyed.

Region pacified.

{7,-5}:

Imperial Forces:
Ultramarines - 4 Chapters + IG + Librarius = [8,2,7,9]+2 = (28)
Word Bearers - 3 Chapters = [7,9,3] = (19)
Imperial Total: 47

Eldar Raiders:
Str 5 Army + Hit & Run = [5,1,1,6,7]+5 = (25)

Eldar take 2 casualties from combat resolution.
Damage Rolls:
Imperial "Tzeench" attack: [8] = 1 casualty.
Imperial Critical rolls: [5,4] = 0 casualties.

Surviving Eldar flee to the Webway.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

El ShasOcho

Wargamer, have the dice really been that bad that Perturabo and 4 chapters took 3 turns and only got AV 10 on Nostramo? Seems crazy bad since others are doing it fast and IW have the bonus.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Wargamer

Quote from: Brother Perturabo on June 20, 2012, 11:28:01 AM
Wargamer, have the dice really been that bad that Perturabo and 4 chapters took 3 turns and only got AV 10 on Nostramo? Seems crazy bad since others are doing it fast and IW have the bonus.
Yes, they really have been that god-awful. :P

Wargamer

My earlier post has been edited to include all received orders. The new map shall be posted up once I receive replies on a few errant PMs.

The Man They Call Jayne

It may have been covered, but I havnt seen it, but what does Planetary AV mean? I mean AV10 is clearly low, but Terra and Fenris are AV60 which seems nigh unbreachable.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: The Primarch They Call Magnus on June 20, 2012, 02:16:50 PM
It may have been covered, but I havnt seen it, but what does Planetary AV mean? I mean AV10 is clearly low, but Terra and Fenris are AV60 which seems nigh unbreachable.
It's the amount of damage that a force can ignore while on that planet. So, to harm a force on Fenris or Terra you'd need to bring a considerable force. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Wargamer

More accurately, it's how much damage you can negate from bombardment - Fortifications can be negated by engaging in a direct assault, where they are much less useful. However, AV60+ means you would need dozens of Chapters / Fleets / Demi-Legio to even scratch the people on the planet if you go for the 'nuke from orbit' option.

Wargamer

Turn 9:
HERESY!

An outlawed sect of the Mechanicum, known as the Stygian Order, has attempted to claim control of the Adeptus Mechanicus! Currently the uprising is contained on Stygies and Metalica, but who knows how far it will spread?

Forces engaging in battle on these worlds should state whether they are "Loyalist" or "Rebel". Loyalists will fight alongside the Cult Mechanicus, Rebels the Stygian Order.

Metalica Forces:
Loyalists:
Legio Metalica - 2 Demi-Legio.
Rebels:
Legio Metalica - Praetorian.

Stygies Forces:
Loyalists:
Legio Vulcanum - Praetorian, 1 Demi-Legio.
Knights Chevalier - Ward, 2 Households.
Rebels:
Legio Vulcanum - 2 Demi-Legio.
Knights Chevalier - 1 Household.

Soldiers of the Imperium are advised not to become lax in their vigil; the enemies of Man are still out there...

InsaneTD