News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Heavy Infantry Contest 2013 [rules]

Started by Narric, April 03, 2013, 08:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Quote from: Will's on Fire on May 10, 2013, 12:17:44 PM
You've had mine. :P

- Will
Oops my bad ^_^;;

In that case, you're going to win uncontested :P

Though don't celebrate until someone else enters XD

Mabbz

Hmm... for a guaranteed 2nd place, I might just enter my first ever contest.

Will's on Fire

Come on guys. Enter! I enjoy being beaten. :P

Maybe ask to have the top right news to be changed to something about the heavy infantry contest?

- Will

Deraj

So.... I have a good dozen armies, and outside of my ogres (which I don't want to enter) I don't have any heavy infantry I can think of. Do dreadnoughts and dreadnought types count? Or is that heavy support?

Narric

Quote from: Deraj on May 10, 2013, 04:38:39 PM
So.... I have a good dozen armies, and outside of my ogres (which I don't want to enter) I don't have any heavy infantry I can think of. Do dreadnoughts and dreadnought types count? Or is that heavy support?
I was hoping to save Dreadnoughts at those alike be left until the "Big Guns" (ok yes, technically HS :P) Contest.

However, as we're currently short on entries, I don't mind including any unit that fulfils the Elites slot.

Gosh, the things I let slip for you guys :P

Quote from: Mabbz on May 10, 2013, 03:59:13 PM
Its only garaunteed Second Place if your entry doesn't look that good XD

And if we only get three entries, the decision will go to the committee, not community.

I feel freakin' deamonic with practically preasuring ypou guys to enter TT_TT (Ignoring the fact I am a Fire-deamon :P)

Deraj

Well, we have what, 10 days now? Tuesday Im going to my lgs, so Ill see if I can find a unit of 'heavy infantry' that suits my fancy and paint it up in the remaining...  couple of days :P

Mabbz

Quote from: Narric on May 10, 2013, 05:45:12 PM
Quote from: Mabbz on May 10, 2013, 03:59:13 PM
Its only garaunteed Second Place if your entry doesn't look that good XD
Like I said guaranteed 2nd :-[. I'm not much of a painter, and most of my heavy infantry were painted years ago, when I was even worse than I am now. And my girlfriend has my paints, so I can't do them up right now :P.

Hmm... Actually, I wonder if I could convince her to make an account and enter...

Jonagon

Thinking about making a push to get something finished tonight.. how's everyone else doing?

Narric

Well, I still only have one entrant :P

Jonagon

ah never mind my photos were rubbish and i'm away from tomorrow until the deadline, next time!

Mabbz

I just tried to take a few photos, but it turns out the only camera I have is on my phone, and it is awful. As such I will not be entering either, since I don't think pictures that show a vague blur would be accepted :P

Will's on Fire

Mabbz, wait until better lighting and see if that helps. :)

Maybe the deadline for this should be extended? See if we can get some more entries. :P The HQ contest was so promising.

- Will

knightperson

I'm afraid I left my mini's in the wrong city recently. I'll be back to them in a few days, but not in time to polish off the paint job before the deadline.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

Jonagon

The Man They Call Jayne

If you are going to extend the definition to cover Elites then I may be able to enter my XV25s if they are acceptable?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4