News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Mad Dok Grotsnik and Weirdboys

Started by Waaaghpower, December 13, 2012, 03:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

So I have a question about a special ability combination:
If both Mad Dok Grotsnik and a Weirdboy are in a unit together, and the Weirdboy gets an ''Ere We Go' power, do you have to teleport as close as you can to an enemy model and hope you don't scatter into them and die?
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

IIRC, Rage no longer controls movement in 6th.

However, even if it did, deepstriking is not movement, so you would be free to deepstrike them wherever.
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Waaaghpower

Technically he doesn't have 'rage,' but just a special rule identical to rage + fearless... :( In this edition, what with weakened FNP and all, I don't think Grotsnik is the way to go anymore.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Chicop76

Quote from: Waaaghpower on December 14, 2012, 04:29:22 PM
Technically he doesn't have 'rage,' but just a special rule identical to rage + fearless... :( In this edition, what with weakened FNP and all, I don't think Grotsnik is the way to go anymore.

Feel No Pain is actually better. It's immune to ap 1-2, power weapons, are any weapon that deny saves. My flamers use to roast similar units in 5th with no type of save or fnp unless you had an invul. Now fnp works against that attack. Also my plasma guard can't wipe out fnp squads like the use to.

I would't say don't bother with fnp. Now against standar issue I admit it's worst. Against me it's better, because my standard issue ignores fnp units and my plasma weapons go for them instead. Now it might be better to use standard issue on them than using plasma. Also the change in the rules in toughness has made fnp bikes better since strength 8 attacks will not dent feel no pain now. I went against Ku'Gath who is now much better thanks to the change in fnp. Only thing that can deny his fnp is instant death weapons and he has 6 wounds with a +4 invulnerable, so good luck killing him.

BigToof

But the real issue with the Dok is that he has to move as if he had the OLD rage rule, which makes him easy to kite around.

FNP is better against plasma, but worse for small weapons.

Heavens knows my Biker Nobz can tell the difference...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3