News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

terrify???

Started by Chicop76, May 30, 2013, 02:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Ok. Lets's say you cast terrify on a Thirster in combat and he loses and runs. Let's assume he doesn't die to sweeping advance. When he tries to rally and still have Terrify on him he would need snake eyes to rally right or is it only units lowered under 25%.

pepsi

Bloodthirsters arent fearless? why does that seem off
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

Unusual Suspect

Terrify is the dice roll result of 4 for the Telepathy Psychic Discipline, Pepsi.  Ignoring the target's Fearless rules is one aspect of the power.

Chicop, nothing in Terrify implies anything at all about the nature of the morale tests being taken, aside from their ability to ignore the Fearless rule.  Looking at the morale rules, I don't see anything preventing the Bloodthirster from attempting to regroup with its full leadership.  What made you think Insane Heroism (double 1s) would be necessary, anyway?
I you private dancer.

Cammerz

Bloodthirsters have 'Daemonic Instability' which means it will "automatically pass Fear, Pinning and Morale tests." so Terrify won't actually affect Daemons at all given that they don't technically have 'Fearless'.

Also 'Thirsters can't flee from combat at all (in fact no daemons can flee from combat).

As for other non-daemonic units being terrified and not being caught in a sweeping advance, the Terrify spell says nothing about the target's leadership being lowered at all, so whatever unit it is would test on full leadership unless below 25%.

Chicop76

Bad example. I forgot. Replace with sworm lord and 20 gaunts within synapse range and have fearless.

Cammerz

Quote from: Chicop76 on May 30, 2013, 11:43:37 AM
Bad example. I forgot. Replace with sworm lord and 20 gaunts within synapse range and have fearless.

If the question is, 'After fleeing from combat do you need snake-eyes to rally?' the answer is no, you can rally on normal leadership as long as your unit is above 25% of its starting value or has something else which lets them rally beneath that number (Tau bonding knives and so forth).

Effectively, you cast Terrify on the Swarm Lord, he takes a moral check immediately, he also loses Fearless and all enemy units cause Fear until the spell ends, but after the initial morale check he doesn't really need to worry about it.