News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Kroot changes

Started by pepsi, April 02, 2013, 09:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepsi

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/04/tau-codex-qna.html?showComment=1364932646454

Sounds like we will get a default save, and lose a str. In return, we can pay a little more for kroot snipers. Mixed feelings, but looks like GW is trying to stay with the pattern "SHOOT IT DEAD".
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

InsaneTD

Some interesting stuff.

salamut2202

Outflinking auto cannons, that's all I thought when I saw the krootox infiltrating.

The Man They Call Jayne

Wow, very interesting. Kroot Snipers seem like they could be good if there is forest on the table, but I wish it was just Stealth, done and done. Most of the places I play don't have any forest terrain.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

The Allfather

I'd like to see real Shaper modifications, like the Combat Drugs mechanic, to help try to give your kroot an edge in whatever environment they find themselves in. Probably not happening though...

knightperson

A 6+ save is as worthless as no save in most cases. "Yay, I can take a 6+ against Imperial Guard lasguns."

Sniper rifles could be a nice touch, and I like that, but going down to Strength 3? NOT happy about that in the least, no matter what they do to the point cost.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

The Man They Call Jayne

I am wondering if they are S3 and Kroot Rifles will be +1S, while Sniper Rifles won't. That way you either have shooty or choppy Kroot.

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 03, 2013, 07:21:18 PMI am wondering if they are S3 and Kroot Rifles will be +1S, while Sniper Rifles won't. That way you either have shooty or choppy Kroot.

That was my immediate suspicion when the S3 rumours started. Follows the trend of things like Striking Scorpions; losing a point of Strength but staying functionally the same with wargear (other than the Scorpion's Claw :().
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

The Man They Call Jayne

I do like the idea of a couple of small squads in forests just picking off characters, or things that give buffs to the enemy, could be very very annoying.

pepsi

If the sniper thing turns out to be true, they will be wounding on 4s regardless of toughness with the upgrade. Which is kind of nice considering they are dirt cheap. I don't hate the shooting changes thus far.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.