News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

Backlash sat down on the slope, watching through the trees in the direction of the camp. After a few seconds of night silence, she faced Cloudy and said, "I jus' think it's weird that... all of a sudden, everything's goin' so bad. We stayed at an inn, um, before we came out here. We got chased out here, an' then we ran into Luna. I thought everypony was on the same page. Then, all of a sudden," she throws a hoof aside weakly. "Luna went nuts, she ran off with an Element, everything kinda fell apart. An' then! On top-a that! Then Thunder lost hers too, there's this... thing running around in the woods, an' everypony's on Thunder's side when she's the biggest liability of anypony!

"Am I jus' crazy, or does it sound like somethin's goin' on with those ponies? Heh, like, are they turnin' against me or what? Who's really tryin' to save Equestria? After Luna, I jus' don't know what to believe or who ta trust anymore." She realized what she just said a moment later, and her gaze hardened on Cloudy, but she said nothing more.

Narric

Cloudy shifted on the spot, turning to face Backlash.
"I agree, something is certainly amiss, but I don't think anypony is trying to go against your specifically, with a small chance of Thunder being like that. But imagine how us guards feel knowing we're protecting ponies who could potential be planning to harm Luna. We know you're not, and we also know Luna is not herself, but that still leaves a huge grey area on what we're supposed to do when the time comes. Should we follow our heads or our hearts?"

Cloudy sighed, rubbing his head.
"At the moment, my head and heart lean in the same direction. We'll protect yourgroup becuase you're citizens of Equestria. But if Luna shows up, I'll be conflicted. My head tells me I should follow her orders regardless of her condition, but my heart says I should continue to protect you." When he'd finished speaking, Cloudy realized he'd put emphasis that he wanted to protect Backlash, rather than the hole group. He sat there waiting for her reaction, worry begining to form in his mind.

HectorSmash

Backlash blinked, then looked away dejectedly. She didn't seem to pick up on Cloudy's slip at all. "You're doing a good job. You're doing what I'd do, heh. But I don't know if it's enough. Luna's sick. She needs... well, I dunno what she needs, but I'm gonna help her. But, if Luna can get sick, so can anypony else. It's no wonder nopony's been sleeping good lately," she mused.

She smiled at him, though. "I'm glad somepony else understands. Even if ya don't agree with me... well, at least maybe you can relate." Suddenly, she began to tear up. She quickly turned away and hunched over, hiding her face quite thoroughly from Cloudy. She was good at this, reclaiming control from tears. At least, outwardly.

Narric

Cloudy slowly and softly walked back up to Backlash, and rested his hoof on her shoulder lightly.

HectorSmash

Backlash put down the wing she'd been half hiding behind and gave him a shameful glance. Without warning, she attempted to hug onto him very tightly.

Narric

Cloudy was surprised by Backlash's sudden hug. He stood there with her around his neck, and a hoof in the air where her shoulder used to be. As the penny dropped in his mind, he sat his hindlegs down and properlly embraced her, slowly and gently spreadinh his wings around them both to give a sort of double hug of comfort. He stayed quiet, thinking it better to just be there rather than say anything.

Mabbz

Over in the shadows, Hazy watched the two ponies embrace and felt a pang of jealousy. Still, if Cloudy made her happy, how could he complain? Careful not to be noticed by the pair, he crept back to camp and went to bed.

kingofmonkeys

Plumber sniffled and turned to Pale.
"there's nothing really.. to talk about, not right now anyway. How about when we're out of this acursed forest and had some real sleep?"
He tried and failed to fake a smile before turning back to an empty tent and throwing himself down miserably into a bedroll.

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

The night rolled on and the ponies slept. The guards planned to switch every three hours, with Cloudy taking over at ten o'clock. All was quiet as he protected his charges, and he soon grew bored. At one stage he considered waking Thunder, but she was resting peacefully and he didn't want her to be tired the next day.

Eventually, weariness overcame him and he woke Swift Shadow. "It's about midnight. Sorry for waking you early, but I can't keep awake much longer." Swift Shadow grumbled a little, but took over nonetheless.

After a few hours, Swift was too tired to continue. She wandered over to Hazy and shook him awake. "Your turn."

"Huh?" groaned Hazy sleepily, squinting at the sky. "But it's only midnight. I thought you even weren't starting until one?"

"That can't be right..." Swift mumbled. "It was midnight when Cloudy woke me. That was ages ago, I'm sure."

Hazy looked troubled. "You get some sleep. Maybe you're just more tired than you think."

Cynder awoke feeling refreshed, as though he'd had a full nights sleep. Oddly, it still seemed to be dark. Getting up, he walked over to Hazy, who was sitting, staring at the full moon directly overhead.

"We have a problem," said Hazy, not looking around. "It's been midnight for at least the last eight hours."

"How is that possible?"

"No idea. Do you have a watch?"

Cynder rummaged through his bags until he found it. It was 8:37 in the morning. Dawn had not come.

Narric

"We need to get everybody up and moving to Everfree city as soon as possible." Cynder bolted to the guards first. They would be better prepared to get into action faster and would help get the other ponies ready to go.

Cloudy felt nudging at his shoulder and awoke, seeing Cynder stand over him with a stern look on his face.
"whats wrong?" He asked confused.
"Everybody up, now! We need to get moving!" Was all Cynder said before explaining further.

Cloudy got up and geared up before he started waking the other ponies, doing exactly as Cynder had done, telling them to simply get up and ready. He started with Thunder, then to Plumber, Pale, and Backlash last. As she was getting up, he made sure nopony was looking their way and lent toward her ear and gently whispered.
"Whatever happens, stay close to me, please."

Waaaghpower

Thunder shot awake, glad to see it was still dark out. Her queen was still in power. Excellent.

It didn't take a lot of brainpower to figure out what had happened. If the queen hadn't lowered the moon, Celestia couldn't exactly raise the sun. The two wouldn't fit up in the sky all at once now, would they?

Climbing out of the tent, she said, "Pegasi should scout on ahead. We're faster than you, we can deliver a warning to the city and keep an eye out for danger while you follow behind.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

Backlash woke quickly. She tilted her head at Cloudy's remark. "What's going on?" She got up and stuck next to him, as told.

kingofmonkeys

Plumber tried to drag himself out of the tent, still not enough sleep to feel rested.. why was it still dark out.

"what's going on... AUGH!"

As he spoke Plumber tripped over the tent post and fell over pulling the tent over on his head

"MOTHER OF CELESTIA WHO PUT THAT THERE!!!"

Plumber flailed about under the canvas only succeeding in tangling  himself further in the tent

"SOMEPONY GET THIS STUPID THING OFF ME!"

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Hurrying over, Hazy pulled Plumber free of the tent. Pretty soon they managed to get everyone together, at which point Hazy addressed the group.

"Right, if any of you are wondering why we've gotten you up at midnight," he said hurriedly, "then trust me, we haven't. It's actually nearly nine in the morning. The moon hasn't moved for several hours now. This can only means that something is happening with the princesses. We need to get to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters as quickly as possible; the Elements might be needed. Anyone have any questions or anything, or can we go now?"

HectorSmash

Backlash shook her head tightly. She rummaged through her bags to make sure her Element was still there, and then stood at attention between Plumber and Cloudy.