News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Latest Sanguinary Guard

Started by Jonagon, October 20, 2012, 02:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonagon

I managed to finish another one of these, much better than my last one. Still got a fair way to go, but getting better! :)

Narric

Excellent work Jonagon :D

Some slight distortion, and you could probably convince someone its a digital art piece. :P Not that you need to becuase that looks freakin' artful anyway ;D

Vyper

Fair way to go?
Makes anything I've painted look like garbage lol. Great job!

Jonagon

ha, thanks guys. It's all just practise! I found the first mini I ever posted on this forum recently (well it had a different name then..), you wanna see it?

Yeah you do..

:facepalm001: :facepalm001: :facepalm001:

The Man They Call Jayne

Thats still better than mine. I should just quit painting.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Thantos

Awesome!  :D So much more vibrant than my NMM gold. What colours do you blend with? One of your best minis id say  ;D
+1 karma for awesome mini and blends

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on October 20, 2012, 10:45:33 PM
Thats still better than mine. I should just quit painting.
Oooor become inspired at how far Jon has improved within a couple of years and practise as he does? :P *hands pie full of optimism to jayne*  :pie:

Will's on Fire

In that case Jonagon there is hope for us all!

Brilliant work as always, definitely something for me to aim for, will take me a while before I get close though. :P

Thanks for the inspiration, great work,

- Will

The Man They Call Jayne

Mmmm. Pie.

My painting has improved, i just dont have the steady hand or the patience required for this.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Gareth

Technically brilliant.

Looks like he borrowed his hair from a lego man though ;-)

Marauder

Simply amazing

and Depressing for me and more poor skills lol
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." - George Carlin

Jonagon

Thanks very much guys! :)

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on October 21, 2012, 12:56:10 PM
i just dont have the steady hand or the patience required for this.

This is a good bit of it. I started painting this mini in August. I've got distracted and
painted a couple of other things in between, but this was plenty of hours on it's own.

Not everyone would want to put that in, I don't paint armies anymore.

The worrying thing is I could easily spend another 15 hours on it, I can see plenty of things I would want to sort out. But I've had enough of this one.  :derp:

loeldrad

Great Job! That armor looks fantastic! You've come a long way. It's good to know that not everyone that paints that well started as a natural  ;)