News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Eastward, Unto Dawn [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Sitting in the centre of the shelter Murtan gave a nod of appreciation to Dreylan. Things may not have gone as the mage planned, but shelter was shelter and the mage was the only one harmed by his mistake so no harm, no foul as far as he was concerned. Especially as the mage could simply have made shelter for himself and let the rest suffer. As he rested he considered their plan. He didn't know these lands particularly well, but was it really wise to head into the wastes without the slightest idea what they may face there? As a whole the party looked like they could handle themselves, but they weren't exactly numerous.

Attempting to put those thoughts out of his mind for now he listened carefully for any changes in the wind which may indicate that the storm was starting to die down.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

Salman chuckled slightly to himself. Even though Dreylan had helped the party, people were not exactly appreciative. Salman was used to it; Easterners never appreciated mages. Salman himself often tried to avoid telling people he was one unless necessary. Better to let them think he was simply a very skilled swordsman.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Ravager Zero

Rolls

The night remained black as pitch, the moons visible only as the merest blur overhead. The wind continued to rage, grains of sand beating at the far side of Dreylan's barrier. It seemed as if the entire desert was destined to move across the Katuni wastes. Conversation was impossible, and the forced inactivity made everyone restless. In time all eight found themselves in a tight huddle, shouting to be heard above the winds. It was clear the winds would not abate any time soon.

A plan was hatched to continue moving, proposed by Salman and endorsed by both Dreylan and Farooq. Anything to get them across the wastes. And perhaps moving through the storm might allow them to gain ground on these mysterious 'dark' people. Dreylan would lead the way, following the skeins, and using the moonsense he had developed to keep them moving straight and true. Salman would travel at the rear of the group, using his pyromancy to maintain a shield of flame to drive the sand away as it blew at their backs. The rest would travel between them, all their hands linked so as not to lose their way.

It was slow going, but as Salman wove the skeins around his arms and performed the gyrkata of immolation the pressure behind them seemed to wane, a warm glow at their backs driving them onwards. At the head of the column Dreylan drew on the absolute minimum amount of Essence he needed to follow the skeins and 'see' the moons. With that, he set the party true, heading south through the desert. It remained as black as Morrde's heart, but none dared shut their eyes in case they somehow lost the group.

The odd grain of sand still blew past, and flurries descended from above, making them all itch, but no one complained. This was the desert. If you couldn't handle a little itch, you went mad, and then you either left the desert, or died. It felt like they had been traveling for an eternity when an odd glow seemed to limn the storm from the east. The sun was just cresting the horizon, the light of dawn a welcome sight as the storm finally seemed to be easing.

As the sand began to fall from the air they all saw that the wastes had changed since Zaag had last seen them
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Tarrik sworn in his tribes tongue on seeing the fissure. He'd never heard of or seen anything like this. He asked the obivious question, "What magick is this?"

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Now that's a long way down" Murtan commented with a whistle. "What's our plan for getting around this? Is one of our mages a geomancer perhaps?"

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Will's on Fire

"This is not how it should be. Things have happened here, big things and not good things."

Zaag looked around searching for anything that could give an idea as to what could possibly cause such a change to the landscape.

"I hadn't even heard this from the tribes, this must have changed recently."

The Man They Call Jayne

"I don't know about you, but I am going around. Magick is all well and good, but walking works. I have not the patience to wait for magick to be prepared and calculated. I will see you on the otherside."
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"I daresay the mages will be waiting for us to meet up with them again, but I'm with you." Murtan replied. "I am not taking my chances with a drop like that."

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Vyper

'Walking seems a good idea. The end can be seen, it shouldn't take us too long to detour around.'

Mabbz

"I have a few ideas for getting across, but that drop makes me unwilling to try. I'll go around too, but first let me see if I can sense any magic behind this formation." Dreylan focussed, trying to sense any sign that the essence in this area had been disturbed recently.

The Man They Call Jayne

"Feel all you like mage."

Farooq began to walk around the fissure, following the edge of the great chasm.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Rolls

As Dreylan spread his senses out wide, he was immediately aware that the strangeness of this place was magickal in nature, and recent as well. Not more than three days had passed since the land had been changed. A shimmering wake of Essence seemed to cover the strangely coloured vegetation, implying that perhaps it had been summoned rather than grown. There was also the distinct tang of fulgromancy in the skeins, something much more recent, perhaps only hours old.

As fast as they had tried to move, it seemed that the dark people, and the mage leading them, were always one step ahead. Sighing in disgust, Dreylan stood and began walking the long way around the fissure. He would get answers, one day.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Catching up with the others, Dreylan quickly informed the others that the fissure was no more than three days old. "Also," he added, "Fulgromancy has been used recently. I'm no expert on storm magicks, but I'm starting to doubt that sandstorm was a coincidence."

Will's on Fire

Zaag thought for a moment. "Can anyone recall if there was a tribe around here? I haven't been around here in a while. If there was maybe we could go and see if they can tell us anything."

He thought again. "If that sandstorm was no coincidence, that would mean that they know we are coming. I do not like the idea of that."

InsaneTD

Tarrik looked around, he couldn't shake the feeling something was gonna happen soon. He wasn't sure what but he didn't think it'd be good. He rested his hand on the hilt of his sword as he followed the other.

Edit; I see we lost the OOC thread. :P