News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Chaos Space Marines incoming

Started by Cammerz, September 18, 2012, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

Well its all up for Advance Order now, I can reveal that the codex is indeed hardback. There are also a few other models being re-done in Finecast such as Obliterators, Havocs and a few Special Characters.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

I can also reveal that Chaos Raptors and Chaos Warp Talons are seperate units (although both built with the same kit).

I've ordered myself the codex but will put off ordering anything else until I work out what my army list will be. (Plus I still have loads of things sitting around that I need to paint and construct anyway).

Irisado

Quote from: Chris on September 20, 2012, 10:37:38 AM
I'm pretty happy with this release. The Deamon Engines look like the blood mounts and juggernaughts on a larger scale. So now massive change to GW deamon engines there. I like them alot.

That is a change, because Juggernaughts are not Daemon Engines.  The original Daemon Engines of Khorne, for example, were very different.  Here's the old Cauldron of Blood:

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Chrono

I'm dissapointed that the thousand sons etc are finecast upgrade packs. that means we will not see plastic kits of them for awhile. the mutilators and obliterators should have been a plastic combo box. im thankfull i do not use these anyways. i like the Fiend, but i'm less keen of the dragon, i rather buy the FW flyer.

The Man They Call Jayne

I think, in order of importance, I will get the Codex (duh) then the Fiend, the some Warp Talons if they measure up.

Im thinking that this could be a very good army for blitzkreig style warfare. Add in a couple of heavy guns for emphasis and some Psykers (because Tzeentch is awesome) and away you go.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Wargamer

Wait... it's possible for your character to ascend to Daemon Prince status mid game? Holy tits! :o
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Vyper

Quote from: Wargamer on September 25, 2012, 01:49:58 PM
Wait... it's possible for your character to ascend to Daemon Prince status mid game? Holy tits! :o

Yeh, that does look pretty awesome. But then again, there is also chance that your character can turn into spawn mid game.

InsaneTD

Which means you need three models so you can represent one model. How much is a Daemon Prince now adays?

Narric

The Heldrake looks like a mix of Swoop (Dinobot Transformer) and the Bat/Bird thing from "9." May stil buy it if I have the spare cash

crisis_vyper

Quote from: Vyper on September 25, 2012, 02:09:41 PM
Quote from: Wargamer on September 25, 2012, 01:49:58 PM

Yeh, that does look pretty awesome. But then again, there is also chance that your character can turn into spawn mid game.

Yeap, GW's way of saying "We profit anyway!"

But of course that saying, almost every character that can access the boon can become a Daemon prince.......so if someone is really lucky expect 2+ Daemon Princes walking around.