News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Chaos Space Marines incoming

Started by Cammerz, September 18, 2012, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salamut2202

I don't know whay people are harping about the new obliterators, the old ones weren't that great anyways. Meh, what ever, my feeling haven't changed on oblits.

I have to say I'm liking these daemon engines more and more now. I think they fit the new chaosy feel they're going for now. Comare the regulcar CSM to the Dark Vengence Chosen in those pics, that's a glorious aesthetic change.

Now that lord is two things I like - it's simle and, like the warsmith to the techmarines, has allusions to the librarians (e.g. belt buckle).

No, I like how they're making more ties with the loyalists yes making them look a lot more like another army. Dark eldar should be more than pointy eldar, chaos should look more than spiky marines.

Railgun Convention

I like the armoured beast approach over the demon-possessed engine, I have to say. As for the CC Obliterators... well, honestly, folks, what did you expect a mutating mass to look like? It's gonna be "ugly" whatever way you slice it. And don't slice it, 'cos then you'd probably get two of them... *shudders*
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Fhanados

Personally I rather like all the new models. I do think the Daemon Engines could have been modelled more in line with the DV Helbrute to be more awesome, but I still love them. Their bestial/mechanical appearance is more in line with some of the Forgeworld Daemon Engines (Blood-Slaughterer, Brass Scorpion). The Melee Obliterators look pretty much exactly how I envisioned them, except with more hooks and mutant claws instead of actual weapons. Can't wait to get some of these gribbly goodies for my Word Bearers!

The Man They Call Jayne

I am liking them all honestly. They are a nice departure from the spikey marines of old. Better details, more Chaos-y, warped and twisted.

Im hoping you can mix dakkabliterators with melee ones.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Irisado

Yes, Obliterator models which don't look very good is not really news.  They're no better or worse than the current models.  I shall be sticking to my policy of not buying any.

The Daemon Engines look even worse, in my opinion, in the latest photos than in the previous ones.  In fact, I wouldn't even call them Daemon Engines, they look like Daemonic aliens.  I'll stick to using Daemon Engines in Epic.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Chris

I'm pretty happy with this release. The Deamon Engines look like the blood mounts and juggernaughts on a larger scale. So now massive change to GW deamon engines there. I like them alot.

As for the Oblits, If i get some, I'll just do a face change. Thats the only place that lets them down to be honest. A wee bit of green stuff work which veteran Chaos players will be used to and they could me amazing!

crisis_vyper

Damn look at all those White Dwarf preview of the rules.....

On a good note, that means I can play my Chaos HQ the way I always loved playing in Fantasy!

Will's on Fire

Quote from: crisis_vyper on September 20, 2012, 05:58:36 PM
Damn look at all those White Dwarf preview of the rules.....

On a good note, that means I can play my Chaos HQ the way I always loved playing in Fantasy!

Fixed for you. ;)

Looks interesting!

- Will

The Man They Call Jayne

Ohhhhh Tzeentch is very nice looking now! I do like these rules alot! Although Heavy Boltgun is interesting. Im assuming it just meant Heavy Bolter, but it might be new. And Icon of flame giving bolt weapons Soul Blaze? Awesome.

salamut2202

I like so many of those things. I really like how they're fleshing out Chaos' own plsy feel as well as its aesthetic.

Begel Dverl

I don't like how they are re-using a Black Library Book for the codex cover.

At least try to make someting new, pwease? :(

On the other hand, I think I just might grab ahold of the new Aspiring Champion...

Y'know...

For...uh...Dark Edar....stuff....

:-X

Chris

Anyone else notice the price of the codex?

The Man They Call Jayne

Chris

That's what I was thinking! It had better be good. Looking at the spoilers, it may well be worth it!

Looks like lots of personalisation available.

Marauder

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done"." - George Carlin