News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Chaos Space Marines incoming

Started by Cammerz, September 18, 2012, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

http://natfka.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/images-from-oct-white-dwarf-helldrake.html?
Including lots of mechanical-daemonic hybrids.

There's even a flyer which looks like a dragon.

I'm not a fan of the Forgefiend but the Maulerfiend looks much better.
The Warpsmith looks fun.
Warp Talons are probably a new name for Raptors.

Whilst I'm not sure I'll be getting any of these new models (at least not yet), the new codex will be mine very quickly.

Paradoxrifts

The Forgefiend is just completely static, the Maulerfiend isn't really that much better, and from the pictures they just lack a sense of conveying their own considerable bulk in daemonic flesh and armoured plating. I'm reminded in all the bad ways of the evolution from the original metal Carnifex model to its current plastic incarnation, on how far that kit has come and where these kits measure up in comparison. The models don't quite properly convey the correct sense of mass if that makes sense.

Again, they're alright, but with a little more thought it could've been a work of sustained genius is all I'm saying.

Now the Warpsmith looks alright, but like a lot of the more ornate Techmarine models it might end up being a little too fiddly to successfully keep in one piece on the tabletop, especially after you've gone to all the effort of painting it up.

Not a fan of the Warptalons, but that might be the colour scheme. Not really sure.

The Helldrake looks nice, but I hope that those outstretched claws can be replaced by two big guns. I can see what they're trying to accomplish, but they just look impractical.

Narric

Quote from: Cammerz on September 18, 2012, 03:54:13 PM
There's even a flyer which looks like a dragon.
flyer which looks like a dragon.
looks like a dragon.
a dragon.
GOD FUDGE AND FISHING TACKLE!!!!!

I can't escape this damn hobby easily can I?

Oh no, they had to find another damn hook to keep me here.

When GW releases that, I will be buying it, regardless of if I'd ever use it in a game.

And anyway, a Chaos Release? awesome news. My second army will get some fresh-look lovin'.

If the models in the Dark Vengeance starter Kit are anything to go by, the new Chaos stuff will be awesome.

coolmule

Not a fan of that dragon thing tbh.

crisis_vyper

I am the fan of the Warpsmith and I like the idea of the Warp Talons with their corrupted Pre-Heresy thing, but the others....................meh. But since it is going to be the only Flyer for the time being for Chaos......I will be seeing more of these things now.

The Man They Call Jayne

I like, and I want. Im glad they are moving away from "Space Marines with spikes". And those warp talons are just sexy frankly.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

BigToof

They look different and awesome.
And sadly enough, I will probably wait for the Codex in case they fall to Mandrake-ification.  (i.e. great looking model but horrid rules)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

salamut2202

They're going in a new direction with the daemon engines and it's a lot more organic of that of the defiler and the decimator. Not sure if I like the flyer, I just don't see it in the air, the stormraven has a better chance. Then again, chaos has magic. I for one love the fiends, there's a great sense of menace. With what we've seen in Dark Vengence and those Warp Talons the space marine mutations are looking less like astartes with different back vents, tenticals and horns but rather like their armour is being corroded by magic magic stuff.

Irisado

I'm not a fan of new Daemon Engines or the Dragon.  They look like a scaled up version of the old Tyranid Dominatrix model from Epic.

The infantry models look much better though.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Begel Dverl

Hey.

Look what I found.

Got these off of Dakkadakka, and then from a guy named Brother SRM.

Lord Sotek

My only response to this is, "What the hell are all those Warjacks doing in a game of 40k."
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Narric

Everythings looks pretty cool, until I see the Obliterators.

Oh. Sweet. Mother. Of. God.

How can something that badly ugly be sold? Garuantee they'll be Finecast.

I can't help Chaos will have a Monstrous Creature army list, compared to SMurfs being Vehicle heavy.

Quote from: Lord Sotek on September 19, 2012, 09:27:58 PM
My only response to this is, "What the hell are all those Warjacks doing in a game of 40k."
Never played Warmachine, but I can see what you're talking about.

When these kits go out, I thin the creators of Warmachine are going to have some issue with the GW models.

Cammerz

Well the Sorceror looks quite cool (at least I presume that the character in the first picture is one).

The thing that I quickly noticed about those Obliterators (if they indeed are) is that they don't have any guns of any sort on the models, just those massive claws. Whatever, I don't like them, the models are just ugly.

Fortunatley I don't think I'll need to change my army too much, maybe I'll add a few cultists but most of these new models won't make the cut.

Unusual Suspect

The most comprehensive rumors I've seen on the new Chaos book has a new 'breed' of Obliterator-esque unit that is a purely CC beast.  I'm guessing these are they.

Gah, they look horrible.
I you private dancer.

Matt1785

Anyone heard / seen any rumors about the cult troops getting new models?  Thousand Sons, Khorne Berzerkers, Nurgle?  Or anyone heard anything about the rumors of different legions being able to be chosen?  So far I have to say the models look like crud IMHO.  That giant monster thing is stupid, the Oblits are hideous... I mean, really? 

I do like the jump infantry, they're great, and they do look like Night Lords, which is cool... I'll have to wait and see what other models will look like, but I do agree the flier is crummy looking as well...  Really disappointing if you're a die-hard Chaos player who's been getting smacked around by beautiful Grey Knight models to see this... Oh well, call me when Thousand Sons come back!