News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Need opinions please- what to add wit 350pts (1850 list, BA codex)?

Started by Tempest Six Two, October 20, 2012, 10:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest Six Two

G'day gents,

Need some feedback if possible, I'm pushing my BA 1500 list out to 1850 for a convention in late January. So far I'm happy with the units I have, and whilst its by no means a competitive list I feel it still has potential whilst tasting fluffy (bloody?) enough for my liking. So if you think a particular unit/combo of units would fit in here please let me know.

HQ
Librarian-Terminator Armour, Force Axe, Storm Shield       145

Librarian-Power Armour, Force Sword, Jump Pack             125

EL
Furioso Dread- BTalons, M/gun, Hv Flamer, in a DrpPd      170

5x Assault Terminators- 5x TH/SS                                     225

1x Sanguinary Priest- Jump Pack, power sword                 90  << this guy is the only thing im iffy about- 90pts for FnP.... ??

TR
8x Assault Marines (Jump packs),
Sgt w Power Axe/mbombs, 1x Infernus Pistol                  184

Sgt w Power Axe/mbombs, 1x Infernus Pistol                  184

Sgt w Power Sword                                                          169

HV
Stormraven- PlasCan turret, M/Melta nose                       200

I've been thinking of adding another troops unit such as some sniper scouts with a ML and maybe a squad of Tactical Marines in a DP as well- this way I can hold my Furioso's DP unit turn two onwards and he stands a better chance of living beyond his first turn...

Either that or a Devastator squad- something to stick far back to provide the big solid long range firepower that my list sorely needs... Im also happy to push all three current Assault Squads out to 10 men in each, and throw in some more melta (guns?) I'd possible group the Infernus pistols into the same squad and loadout the second squad with 2x meltaguns, and the last (with the powersword sarge) with a couple of flamers? This is my cheap-er squad to tackle horde units...

Heck, im not even above removing the Sang Priest and putting in another Dready with Drop pod (3x Librarians? Sure why not) or a second Stormraven- I have another one being built at the moment, with LAscan turrets and Typhoon launcher in the nose..

Any insight or advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!   

My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Will's on Fire

Personally I rate sanguinary priests, against plasma it's like having terminator armour. A 5+ save is better than no save. Same against Redeemer cannons and the other varieties of <str8 ap3,2,1 weapons.

I like dual melta Assault squads and a dual flamer in case of hordes isn't a bad idea.

A stormraven is an interesting shout, but the second one doesn't have much stuff to transport and so I'd be more inclined to lean towards a baal pred or a vindicator. Something to feed out a decent template or two. The obvious problem being with so few other vehicles they can be easily picked off.

So in a circular loop I'd say stormraven and a terminator armoured Sanguinary Priest. You could even drop the drop pod and give your furioso a ride in on a stormraven? :P Then with those points and the few over from the 350, expand the assault squads?

Might not be the best advice but it's something to think about. :)

- Will

Arguleon-veq

I think if you want it to be competative you need to seriously increase your anti air.

I think what you really need is:

An extra storm raven,
5 scouts with camo cloaks,
Defense line with quadgun.

Now this doesn't fit but I'm not keen on that last assault marine squad. As it is the llibby and priest can each join the other two squads which leaves this unit light on support. I'd drop the unit size and throw in a flamer and hand flamer and put them in the extra storm raven. I've lost count of the amount of vendettas I've seen drop into hover mode, unload a platoon command squad who then burn a unit off an objective with flamers and take it themselves. This little flamer assault squad will do it even better.

The scouts provide a really durable home objective holder, hunkering behind cover whilst the sarg of the unit mans the quadgun.

This gives you better scoring and way more anti air.

With regards to the rest of the army I don't know how much you can change but here's a few things I would do if you have the models for it:

Lose the axes on those sarges for lightning claws, you do not want to be striking last in a challenge.
Lose the plasma cannon on the raven, you need these guys for anti air, you can't afford a weapon on them that can't shoot flyers, switch it for an asscannon or lascannon.
Give the dread a frag cannon and fist instead, the frag cannon let's him do a lot of damage when he lands, which you need to do as most of the time he will land and then get melta'd you want to make sure he does something before that and the frag cannon churns through all those big units or cultists and guard your going to be seeing. Plus its great to stand and shoot with when you get charged.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33