News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

2k Daemon Guard first try

Started by Chicop76, January 15, 2013, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Well this is my first draft of my Daemon Guard list. I may drop a prince not really sure at this point. I had the psyker battle squad ar first to give the changling a better chance to get his powers off and to have my fear work at a better rate, I drop them cause I do not think it's worth 110 points to pull off all my effects one at a time. I may add them later, since people are taking the anti air turret and I can use the changling to have them shot at their flyers.

Hq
Fateweaver
Bloodthirster: +1 S, +2 invul against psyker powers

Elites
3 flamers of tzeentch
3 flamers of tzeentch
3 flamers of tzeentch

Troops
5 horrors/ bolt
5 horrors/ bolt and changeling

Heavy Support
Tzeentch Prince/ bolt and gaze
Tzeentch Prince/ bolt and gaze

IG allies of convience

HQ
Platoon Comand 4 melta
Chimera multi and heavy flamer

Troops
5 platoon command 4 flamers ( ride in vendetta)

30 man squad: 3 flamers, 4 power axes, comissar

3 man Lascannon team

Fast
Vendetta

The ideal is the 5 man squad will deep strike out the vendetta and flame soft targets and try to score or contest. The 3 man lascanon team will hold objectives on my edge and provide range ant tank. While the 30 man blob deal with or tie up annoying units, so my Thirster can finish them off.

My air force is my Vendetta, Keeper of Secrets, and my Bloodthirster.

Flamers will do what they do and my horrors will provide extra fire power while taking objectives.

My 2 princes will gun down elite units and provide more anti tank.

Arguleon-veq

I think  a big problem might be that a lot of your units are very fragile/small. If they kill those 10 horrors you only have really 1 effective scoring [I use spec wep teams in a vendetta and they are far from reliable]. I would put those heavy weapons into your actual platoon horde to keep them safe.

Id also consider finding the points to give the princes wings, even if you have to drop one for it. That will give you a very threatening airforce and help to keep the prince/princes alive.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chicop76

I played similar list as my main daemon army. As of yet I only got wiped once, rolling nothing but ones and twos that whole game and I threw those dice in the garbage can.

I can see about the heavy weapons team. I ran with a 20 man blob with 2 lascannons and they worked pretty well. With 30+ I want them to be mobile and the lascannon would slow them down so to speak, I can hide them behind a defense line, but the problem is I want versitility in target selection and don't want to waste 100 lasgun shots by using the lascannons to fire at a vehicle and vise versa.

I can say heavy weapons teams is very very fragile in experance and their poor leadership tend to have them run off the board.

I always play with tzeentch princes and they always worked out fine. 120 points to add wings I would have to drop the lascannon team to do so. I already have 3 flyers and 5 wouldn't be a bad ideal. I just mind spending 220 points for something I am use to spending 160 points for. I might run them a few times and see from there. I have yet to play a winged prince for 6th.

Going back to the low troops. If I lay down enough fire and selectively deny them shooting rights than it is not a problem. I ran armies with just 20 horrors and done pretty good holding objectives with them. The key is placement and selective shooting, although moving and being able to still shoot with rapid fire is making a differance.

The 5 man command squad is something I thought about trying. I usally ue special weapons teams in Vendettas which have helped me win at the last moment. I think some veterans might be a more durable choice though.

I think I will run the daemon air force list to see how it works. If it does well I might use winged princes more often.

660 points = winged support and 600 is roughly my hq support hitting almost 1,300 points for 5 models. I can get it down to 1k points for 5, but that is a lot of points which I normally spend anyway.