News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

NEW Tau/Eldar vs Necrons/CSM in "The Wise Learn to Adapt" (1500, 4/13)

Started by BigToof, April 14, 2013, 12:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

Alternatively you could use the old tau xenolexicon Genmotty madeto come up with names.

Fun fact: Sha'shi'va literally translates as "Gas victory cause". I'm not really sure how to reinterpret that into something that makes sense.

Oh, also Kor'va means greater air.

The Man They Call Jayne

Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Lord Sotek

Quote from: Mabbz on April 23, 2013, 06:53:47 AM
Alternatively you could use the old tau xenolexicon Genmotty madeto come up with names.

Fun fact: Sha'shi'va literally translates as "Gas victory cause". I'm not really sure how to reinterpret that into something that makes sense.

Oh, also Kor'va means greater air.
Joining in on the fun, some interpretation suggestions.

Sha'Shi'va: Gas Victory Cause -> kamikaze (Divine Wind) -> Hurricane! (She could be nicknamed 'The Blue Hurricane' and/or 'Hurricane Shiva' ! :P)
Kor'va: Great(er) Air/Wind: Gale? Zephyr? Highwind? (FF references, why not?). Other Tau make fun of him by pretending to interpret it as 'windbag', 'blowhard,' or 'full of hot air.' :P
I rather like Gale, myself... It just seems so right for a hotheaded mecha pilot. :P
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Mabbz

Quote from: Lord Sotek on April 26, 2013, 03:32:54 PM
Joining in on the fun, some interpretation suggestions.

Sha'Shi'va: Gas Victory Cause -> kamikaze (Divine Wind) -> Hurricane! (She could be nicknamed 'The Blue Hurricane' and/or 'Hurricane Shiva' ! :P)
Kor'va: Great(er) Air/Wind: Gale? Zephyr? Highwind? (FF references, why not?). Other Tau make fun of him by pretending to interpret it as 'windbag', 'blowhard,' or 'full of hot air.' :P
I rather like Gale, myself... It just seems so right for a hotheaded mecha pilot. :P
My only problem with them is that wind is "sha'is" (literally: gas movement).

Out of boredom, I'll leave my copy of the xenolexicon here. I don't know if the original thread survived the various crashes. I should probably check and remake it if not.

BigToof

I thoroughly approve of any brainstorming for Gothic/Imperial names for the Tau characters.

If it's cool, you may see it show up in the reps!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Mabbz

Hmm... well, Tau receive new names based on acomplishments, sowhat would you say was Sha'shivas (or any of your other characters) finest moment? If you tell me, or link to a battle report, I can probably come up with something suitably badass.

BigToof

Huh, well, in the batreps, they've had two battles so far, once with Grumgutz (it's titled Da TORKS) and once previous with Lorilune.
They were mostly shooty, Bang doing most of the shooting and Shiva helping with ferreting out important targets.
Although maybe this rep might have better moments as well?

If anyone else has a particular moment, please comment away as well!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3