News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Codex Adepta Sororitas - Preview from BoW (and Related Rumours Thread)

Started by Narric, October 10, 2013, 05:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Bringing this to light, though not my own discovery.

Sisters of Battle are soon to have a Digital Release, titled "Codex: Adepta Sororitas"

You can see some previews by going here: http://www.beastsofwar.com/sci-fi-wargaming/black-library-preview-adepta-sororitas-codex/

And it seems to be a soonish update, as the GW product listings have been updated to the new name also: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/landingArmy.jsp?catId=cat660002a&rootCatGameStyle=

BigToof

Thanks for making this post!

I'm so in love with the possibilities for this Codex.

So far, there's lots of good changes.

Troop choices can get Immolators!

Faith is being redone!

We can get the Mantle of St. Ophelia (2+/EW maybe??) and other new relics!

At LEAST 109 pages of goodness with new artwork!

Even the little bit that has been shown shows off that you can get a five girl squad with double melta and combi-melta for an (estimated) 90 points.

NINETY POINTS

That's a better bargain than IG Vet squads.

I'm looking forward to this SO much.

And you can bet that they'll be BatReps of the girls soon!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

salamut2202

Do they have a plastic kit yet? I mean really, 1,500 points must weight 1.5 kgs.

Matt1785

Unless the models go plastic I can't see this doing well.  I mean, come on, I hate metal models.  I'd be interested in seeing what they bring up here, I always hated the WD Codex, as it basically just put the nails into the Sororitas in my opinion.  This does seem interesting to me.  Bringing them about to make them perhaps competitive? 

I'm not going to hold my breath that they'll be a top tier book, but at least better then they are now and useable.  Would be cool to paint up some Sisters.

DEF Knight

Yes! I've been waiting for this for awhile. I'm very curious about how they're going to work, especially given the massive reduction in points for most armies seems to have skipped the girls- are they getting some serious buffs, or just stomped all over?

salamut2202

The deals that GW have going for those still metal models are abhorrently expensive.

Narric

Getting a little "political" here (?) but maybe GW is trying to phase out Sisters of Battle without alerting Feminists. [end politicalness]

I agree that the deals are ridiculous. Its like they're intentionally highlighting their overpriced-ness. £150 for 1 HQ and Two Troops does not make me consider Adepta Sororitas as an army.

And they're probably going to do worse, by saying that they'll only get a true release if sales figures dictate as such.

DEF Knight

That's way more in the realm of plausibility than i'd like :(

Having been thinking about the Sisters recently with this announcement, it's occurred to me that despite the usual somewhat misogynist boys club that is GW, the Sororitas really do represent just about the strongest feminist narrative I've ever heard of (granted, im hardly well read in notable feminist literature) especially now that they are approximately each worth as much as a Space Marine (also weirdly enough in the same musings it occurred to me were there to be female Space Marines, I feel it would be a serious blow to that same feminist narrative).

Narric

Sisters of Battle/Adepta Sororitas (we need to make a poll to which name we use I think :P) may be the army with the highest female count, but a fair number of Xenos races have female characters. Eldar, Dark Eldar and Tau jump to mind straight away. Slaanesh Daemonettes are female BY APPEARENCE (but lets not divert into discussing what really is behind that loincloth). Considering the female Company Commander in the Space Marine game I've recently played, Imperial Guard also CAN use female models without issue, however the GW kits highly limit that so dedicated converters with access to OOP models (I should probably stress OOP human female models that aren't slaves to Dark Eldar).

Its not like the rest of the game is devoid of Female representation, its more the KITS WE USE TO REPRESENT THESE ARMIES is/are devoid of true female options (save of corse the few female torsos of th (Dark) Eldar kits.

Strange thouth crosses my mind, does GW actually employ ANY female designers with any real say in the companies running? I believe in an older White Dwarf I saw female hands working on the High Elf Dragon GS Master, but thats all.

DEF Knight

It wouldn't surprise me.

I glanced at the Blood Angel's codex credits, and there's a few women. Not too many, but that's regrettably pretty much the norm across every sector of the gaming industry, from video games to tabletop. They are mostly in book layout, photography, and a few in model design. I didn't see any in art or game design (which, again, is unfortunate but unsurprising given the general lack of women in any math related field, which game balancing, and therefore overall game design, certainly requires).

Matt1785

Yeah, this is a solid miss in my book.  I mean really?  Not even changing them over to FINECAST?  they will be like the ONLY metal models left at GW.  Not that I'm super excited about finecast, but really?  GW doesn't even want this army to sell, they just got so much hate mail from the White Dwarf Codex that they ended up telling some writers to slap something together and marked it for eBooks quick.

Also, the points totals don't seem like they're going to make them any more playable.  I mean, no one in their right mind is going to go about picking this up to play new... it's just a very poor showing from GW.  Raise the hopes and then take a huge dump on them.  Great work.

Thantos

At least being an all metal army, they are the only force which you can create an effective dreadsock from now, with perhaps a couple of Penitent Engines?

Ive seen better advocates for the feminist movement...

The Allfather

33 goddamn dollars for an Ebook!?

Kinda odd that they got rid of the Palatine, I think. I agree that they may be trying to phase battle sisters out entirely. Which will suck.

Matt1785

Wait a minute, $33 bothers you?  That's what all the books cost, what SHOULD bother you is 10 sisters (Randomly selected FOR you) for $80.  Yeah, they're phasing them out, and in a couple of years they will be all but a memory.