News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

MTG gatecrash

Started by silverfuge, January 16, 2013, 11:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverfuge

I'm not sure if people know but the next expansion of Mtg will be out 01/02/13 me and my club are well chuffed and have the preordered boosters coming for a booster draft. Anyone interested in the new guilds?
Gm is God

Masked Thespian

To be honest, Magic is one of the reasons I've not been around here much recently (seeing as it's hard to keep up my interest in Warhammer when I live in a country where the closest GW is a good 100 km away and none of my friends are interested in it).  Since M13 came out my local gaming group and I have been buying a couple of boxes with each set and drafting them, as well as making constructed decks from whatever we've drafted.  It's all good fun.

I loved Return to Ravnica and am very much looking forward to Gatecrash.  The cards currently being spoiled every day look like a lot of fun and we're all very much looking forward to the release of Gatecrash and drafting it (not to mention making constructed decks afterwards; I've got a Standard Blue Mill deck that's aching for some Dimir support).

As for Guilds, I'm probably going to be running Dimir in constructed after Gatecrash comes down, perhaps with a little (non-Green) Simic in my other Blue decks, and trying to draft at least one of each of the others (Boros, Orzhov, Simic, and Gruul) in the 6 drafts that my friends and I are planning.

Gatecrash also represents a little experiment for me, as I've gone ahead and pre-ordered a full playset of every common and uncommon from the set; I've not done this in the past but I've ended up scrambling for extra commons and uncommons to make up my decks (for example, at this point I only own a single Judge's Familiar from RtR, which really sucks).  So, I'm seeing if having a full C/UC playset will help me out in that respect.
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

silverfuge

I currently play a blue red, jace and the dragons are mental. Love simic from Ravinca and my club is going gaga for them so what a president to do but organise a booster draft for feb1. Yes I really am too kind lol
Gm is God

Arguleon-veq

Gatecrash is looking pretty powerful. Some of the mythics in it are brutal, especially the black white spirit mythic. Im looking foward to getting some of that new red spell that stops life gain that turn.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Masked Thespian

At this point I play far too many decks for my own good.  My three years' worth of pent-up hoarding (normally given an outlet with my Warhammer gaming) has expressed itself in Magic.

I currently play:

- A Blue counterspell deck,
- A Blue mill deck,
- A Blue/Red Izzet deck (having lots of fun with Epic Experiment),
- A Blue/Black Zombie deck (using lots of stuff from Innistrad block to have fun with Graveyards),
- A Black/Red Vampire deck (that combines lifegain and Underworld Connections to get lots of draws),
- A White/Black deck built around creating lots of token Humans and sacrificing them to numerous different effects,
- A Blue combo deck built around Mirror-Mad Phantasm to mill myself so I can win via Laboratory Maniac,
- An EDH deck built around Braids, Conjurer Adept to drop lots of expensive stuff into play for free,
- A pauper EDH deck with Garruk's Packleader as the Commander which ramps quickly into Common fatties,
- Another pauper EDH deck with Guttersnipe as the Commander to burn everyone each time I cast any Instant or Sorcery.

Like I said...  too many decks...

I've also purchased a few older things and have a near-complete collection of the Planechase planes.  It's fun in multi-player games   ;D
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Arguleon-veq

I started Magic way back with Nemesis when I was a kid, got a lot of cards from that set and some from 7th. Didnt play for ages and recently started up again with the latest Mirrodon block.

Ive made quite a competative mono green infect deck for legacy.
During mirrodon my competative deck was black/blue infect, It placed about half the time for me at my local FNM which has a very competative scene, so it won me quite a few boosters and the deck only cost me
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33