News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tyranid Rumors (Summary on Page 3!)

Started by Begel Dverl, August 21, 2013, 07:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Chris on December 27, 2013, 02:50:17 PM
Anyone with an ear to the ground know of a release date? Are we looking at early, mid or late january?
I'm itchin' to get my bug on..
It is said Pre-Orders or something go up on Jan. 7

Chris

Pre orders are up today...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod2350012a

So it seems you can buy the army that was used in the WD battle report here ^^.
I know WD haven't always used the most effective armies, but by the look of this, it looks like nidzilla might be the way forward.... Again, that being said, I haven't got the magazine, I don't even know who won the battle!

Cammerz

Quote from: Chris on January 04, 2014, 12:57:59 PM
Pre orders are up today...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod2350012a

So it seems you can buy the army that was used in the WD battle report here ^^.
I know WD haven't always used the most effective armies, but by the look of this, it looks like nidzilla might be the way forward.... Again, that being said, I haven't got the magazine, I don't even know who won the battle!

I can tell you that they threw away the FOC completely and just had monstrous creatures versus battlesuits. The 'nid objectives were three T7 W2 objects which they needed to destroy whilst the tau had to kill the three hive tyrants, quite a fun read and the end result was;
Spoiler
A tie, two objectives each.

I presume however that like all GW bundles, there is no price difference compared to buying them all seperately.

Chicop76

On bold you pretty much get the whole codex. I mean BOLs. It's been nerfed from what I gathered.  The problem s I see from it. Is that it is similar to tau where it heavily relies on the bigger units. The bigger units have been nerfed from what I can tell, depends if you van use main book psyker powers.

I predict your big things die and your mass swarms with no synapse wind up sitting there and look pretty.

Still waiting on codex, but have no plans to buy anything yet. Might not get into nids and put them on the shelf, or use them against beginner's.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Chicop76 on January 10, 2014, 08:44:50 PM
On bold you pretty much get the whole codex. I mean BOLs. It's been nerfed from what I gathered.  The problem s I see from it. Is that it is similar to tau where it heavily relies on the bigger units. The bigger units have been nerfed from what I can tell, depends if you van use main book psyker powers.

I predict your big things die and your mass swarms with no synapse wind up sitting there and look pretty.

Still waiting on codex, but have no plans to buy anything yet. Might not get into nids and put them on the shelf, or use them against beginner's.
I'm downloading the rules now. While Doom, Ymgarl, and Spore Pods are out, this is a truly capable horde army now. Termagaunts are more survivable, Haruspexes are Elites so you can put an MC in EVERY SLOT. The Fleshborer Nest is 18" and the Hive Crone looks like it can take on a Heldrake.

Mawloc also does more hits if it doesn't get into first combat and the Tyrannofex is cheaper.

Haruspex also has Armorbane.

Narric

Sounds like a lot of improvements with very little nerf'ing. Either GW/the Writer have pulled their thumb out, or that download is off a very close to finalizing draft.

I guess you Nid players will find out when it hits the shelves :P

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Sounds interesting. I'll be keeping a close eye on things and see what I can find out about the codex as soon as it comes out. I really, REALLY hope they fix Hormagaunts though. :(
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Pilum

Quote from: Cammerz on January 04, 2014, 03:46:01 PM

I can tell you that they threw away the FOC completely and just had monstrous creatures versus battlesuits. The 'nid objectives were three T7 W2 objects which they needed to destroy whilst the tau had to kill the three hive tyrants.

So... The giant bugs were stomping the scenery and some heroes in giant mecha had to stop them? Exclusive WD preview below!

On that note - I am enormously tempted to save up for a Wraithknight (forget my storage problems!), if only to keep him in reserve and shout "We need the Ghostglaive now!" when he deep strikes in - will also need the theme tune on my phone, of course ;D
A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453

Charistoph

Quote from: Pilum on January 11, 2014, 11:42:19 PM
So... The giant bugs were stomping the scenery and some heroes in giant mecha had to stop them? ....

On that note - I am enormously tempted to save up for a Wraithknight (forget my storage problems!), if only to keep him in reserve and shout "We need the Ghostglaive now!" when he deep strikes in - will also need the theme tune on my phone, of course ;D

The only question is to paint them like Voltron Lion, one of the 2 dozen united zords, or go for obscurity and paint it like the Mighty Orbot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an5VfHRSmnY
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

DEF Knight

Spoiler

*cough Megas XLR cough*

Narric

Image didn't work DEF Knight, and I'm afraid you shouldn't be posting single images as a reply. ;)

Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

Quote from: Begel Dverl on January 11, 2014, 04:03:26 PM
I'm downloading the rules now. While Doom, Ymgarl, and Spore Pods are out, this is a truly capable horde army now.

This. This is exactly what I wanted to hear, and exactly how the 'nids should be ;D.
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Chicop76

Quote from: Charistoph on January 12, 2014, 04:15:48 AM
Quote from: Pilum on January 11, 2014, 11:42:19 PM
So... The giant bugs were stomping the scenery and some heroes in giant mecha had to stop them? ....

The only question is to paint them like Voltron Lion, one of the 2 dozen united zords, or go for obscurity and paint it like the Mighty Orbot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an5VfHRSmnY

I so wish to see that pic. I loved.The Mighty Orbots.  They was way more powerful than Ultron and faced way more powerful villains.

I just never saw how Crunch actually contributed to the groups powers, however the other 4 powers was always shown, super strength,  illusion,  elemental,  and quick change circuits to make any weapon. Little O no who turned on the huge robot and Rob who piloted with O No. I also think the transformation was one of the longest I ever seen since you had to wait on the five to combine, the car ship to enter the stomach and travel to the head and than O no to activate the robot. Also the controls seemed confusing since it basically a dome like inner circle with a tom of buttons all over the place with them jumping all around to make the robot move.

Any way I am waiting to read the dex. I been hearing a lot of negative comments about it though. Nerfed psychic powers cheaper units and same dex with a sprinkle of new units.

The Man They Call Jayne

It really bugs me that all the new codexes are in shrinkwrap so you cant even read them off the shelf anymore. I want to see what its like but I am not buying it just to do that.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Narric

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on January 13, 2014, 01:45:38 PM
It really bugs me that all the new codexes are in shrinkwrap so you cant even read them off the shelf anymore. I want to see what its like but I am not buying it just to do that.
From a retail stand-point it sorts out a couple of things. Customers will buy the product to see the content and people only browsing cannot damage the product before it is purchased. Considering I can admit to just pulling Codexi off the shelf to look something up, I know that customers looking but not buying can actually cost the company more.

However, it can be easily avoided by having a Store Copy unpackaged and available for customers to read.It prevents ill-advized purchases which could lead to refunds, and shows trust in the customers.

However, this is GW, so its obviously just for the first point of forcing people to purchase the codex :P