News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Tyranid Rumors (Summary on Page 3!)

Started by Begel Dverl, August 21, 2013, 07:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

I care not, im finishing my all ripper army for the fluffy aspect!

Some of the models look nice, but i wish they would stick a bit closer to the old nids look and feel. Some things are starting to look goofy and unweildly.
Still like the fact nids get some love :D

salamut2202

Sorry it's not that clear, however....

Kur'os

Quote from: salamut2202 on December 18, 2013, 09:41:45 PM

I'm in love...  O.O;;  As much as I like my existing Tyrant Guard, these are epic. 

-Kur'os

The Allfather

Those are damn cool. I love how they look like walking shields.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Kur'os on December 19, 2013, 10:53:28 PM
Quote from: salamut2202 on December 18, 2013, 09:41:45 PM

I'm in love...  O.O;;  As much as I like my existing Tyrant Guard, these are epic. 

-Kur'os
Oh my Republican Jesus, I love these new Guard models, but why, why do they have little "fists" around the hilt of the lashship, complete with fingers. Shouldn't it be, like, molded into the hand, or not even have a hand? Same with the boneswords.

DEF Knight

the word "sword" at the least implies it's not actually a part of the being, and to much lesser extent so could "whip". Also "anthropocentrism lol"

salamut2202

That and the tyranids a more of a  symbolism than just a representation of the animal. The conflict between the bestial and the use of tools with hands in a very anthropocentric way is a representation of the intelligence (represented by the use of tools) behind the seemingly mindless swarm (represented by the hexopodic dinosaur), it gets across the idea of 'alien intelligence' sort of how the bulky aesthetic of the Space marine represents the implacable nature of the Imperium, blah blah.

DEF Knight

Quote from: salamut2202 on December 20, 2013, 05:20:25 PM
That and the tyranids a more of a  symbolism than just a representation of the animal. The conflict between the bestial and the use of tools with hands in a very anthropocentric way is a representation of the intelligence (represented by the use of tools) behind the seemingly mindless swarm (represented by the hexopodic dinosaur), it gets across the idea of 'alien intelligence' sort of how the bulky aesthetic of the Space marine represents the implacable nature of the Imperium, blah blah.

This.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: salamut2202 on December 20, 2013, 05:20:25 PM
I can live with that. Thanks!

Chris

Anyone with an ear to the ground know of a release date? Are we looking at early, mid or late january?
I'm itchin' to get my bug on..

Narric

Grabbing this from Faeit 212

Spoiler
We had a decent sized set of Tyranid rumors yesterday that looked a little off from leaked images and information we have received so far about Tyranids. I am looking forward to getting something solid about this coming release, but for right now, we are going to take a closer look at yesterday's rumors and compare with what is known.

please remember that these are rumors. Endobai is a solid source on what is known right now about the Tyranids release. The rumors being checked are these ones found here from Tyran on Dakka Dakka.
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/12/tyranids-some-detailed-rumors.html

via Endobai on Warseer
I'll temporary leave my cave to comment on those.
personally I'd expect something accurate in the coming week i.e. something this pile of text is not.

Flesh Hooks are assault grenades and d6 S6 ap5 rending and precision shoots.
Second looks like wishlist. Cannot imagine 9 Tyranid Warriors throwing 9d6 precision shots - can you?

Adrenals Glands give Furious Charge and the +3" run.
Opposes all what we know for example about Horms = disproven.
Unless there are different effects for monstrous creatures and such and different for little fellas,

Harpy:
140 points
Cheaper.

Fast Attack unit
Yes.

Also carries spore mines
Yes.

Born in the Skies: Can't be grounded
No idea.

Crone:
170 points
Cheaper.

Fast Attack unit
Yes.

"Exocrine":
Heavy Support unit
3 S10 ap3 shoots or 1 S10 ap2 large blast ordnance
Nope. Six small shots, one large, but not that strong.

Hive Guard:
New gun is Spike Cannon, S7 ap4 2 shoots with Skyfire, enemy must reroll successful grounding tests
From the description of the weapon I doubt it can be skyfire. The weapon, but it doesn't mean that the unit will not be able to from its basic gun.

Lost Blinding Venom
No, still have it.

Hormagaunts:
5 points
Bounding Leap is charge after running
No it is not.
Swarmlord:
Mastery Level 3
Yep, what I said before.

Venomthropes;
30 points:
Nope. Add quite much to the cost - about the cost of a Marine.

I know nothing much above what we already know by this point, but clears some air.

Hmm, didn't include a release date, but surely it would be the normal time of the month GW does its update releases?

CoffeeGrunt

Not buying this one too heavily. Some nice stuff here, and as we near release it makes sense that rumours be more accurate. I'd wait until the release day, really, as these rumours have shifted so much - Nidcember, anyone?

I do hope the bugs get a damned good upgrade, though. I'd like them to become the terrifying board presence fluff makes them out to be!
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

Anybody heard anything on the Zoanthrope? I've seen Wobbly Model Syndrome do a quick comic on the subject. The implication being no love for Zoe :P

CoffeeGrunt

I dunno, I've heard they don't get access to Rulebook powers, but again, rumours.

I hope they get better, though. On Saturday my friend ran a battery of 6 of them. They fire that Warp Lance thing once each. Failed Leadership, Denied the Witch, Didn't Hit, Didn't Wound, etc, etc.

It was pretty sad, they really drop the ball when it comes to doing...anything. And I'm Tau, my 6+ Deny was all I had!
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Cammerz

Quote from: Narric on December 27, 2013, 09:39:27 PM
Anybody heard anything on the Zoanthrope? I've seen Wobbly Model Syndrome do a quick comic on the subject. The implication being no love for Zoe :P

From what I gather the Wobbly Model Syndrome comic is actually referring to the Doom of Malan'tai, and I really hope they have their facts right because I hate that thing.