News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Codex: Space Marine Up for Pre-Order!

Started by Begel Dverl, August 03, 2013, 04:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Charistoph

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 08:23:33 PM
I personally found Vows awkward. It didn't feel like something that should have been done. Having set abilities for a BT army, is leagues simpler.
I don't see how they were awkward.  Far less so than the Traits of C:SM 4th.  Black Templars were a Space Marine force guided and directed by their HQs.  That left holes to be filled.

Though, as someone once said, they could have just left it an aura and be done with it instead of just dropping the entire mechanic

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 08:23:33 PM- The lose of the differing chaplains is unfortunate. I personally find it strange that they WEREN'T included.
They don't want the Smurf tramping on something that the Angels can do, now can we?

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 08:23:33 PM- Sword Brethran are Sternguard in my eyes anyway :P
True, well, a mix of Sternguard and Vanguard (without the Jump Pack option).

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 08:23:33 PM- Storm Shield Assault squads were OP :P
Yes, trading a Str: 4 AP: - attack for an Invul Save at 2/3rds the cost is OP.   :shifty:

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 08:23:33 PM- Righteous Zeal was a btich to remember and use properly :P
Not really.  At least, no more than remembering Furious Charge or Counter-Attack.  And it burned us as often as it helped us.

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 08:23:33 PM- PotMS didn't make sense as an Upgrade :P
That's because it is legacy.  C:SM 4th had the same option.

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 08:23:33 PM- I can't really complain about all the stuff BTs have access to. I guess its a case of you don't know what you have until you lose it?
I know what I have (made a Fandex upgrading the 4th Edition codex), and all this is like a punch in the gonads.

Quote from: Narric on August 25, 2013, 08:23:33 PM- Wait, Sword Brother Option is Crusader Squad? So Sword Brethan are like those Space Wolf Characters then?
No quite.  Wolf Guard are a separate unit.  The Sword Brethren are the Vet Sergeants for Crusader Squads.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Begel Dverl

Chris

EEERRRRMMMMAAAAGGGGEERRRRRDDDDD.....
Games Workshop actually learnt how to use windows movie maker! HASHTAG:: Impressed!

Narric

Quote from: Begel Dverl on August 26, 2013, 07:42:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3nJRNed94Q
Wow, that was lame....

None of their promotional videos have really inspired me since they started doing them.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Chris on August 26, 2013, 08:04:04 PM
EEERRRRMMMMAAAAGGGGEERRRRRDDDDD.....
Games Workshop actually learnt how to use windows movie maker! HASHTAG:: Impressed!
Quote from: Narric on August 26, 2013, 08:06:53 PM
Quote from: Begel Dverl on August 26, 2013, 07:42:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3nJRNed94Q
Wow, that was lame....

None of their promotional videos have really inspired me since they started doing them.

At least we know what their trying to sell this time... right?  :D

Narric

Quote from: Begel Dverl on August 26, 2013, 09:42:30 PM
At least we know what their trying to sell this time... right?  :D
Can't think of a good analogy. But simply put, that means they have failed their advertising. Just knowing what a company wants to sell you, doesn't mean squat.

Chris

Yeah, its clear as MUD!

Still, I'm looking forward to the new book... If nothing else it will give me a chance to get excited about the hobby again..

Begel Dverl

Guys.

More pictures and a battle report.

Look at them.

Spoiler

Look at them.

The rest is here.

Cammerz

Well I'm liking the look of Erebus and Kor Phaeron, Forge World massively outclassing GW's releases this month.

Thantos

FW characters = awesome! Facial expressions, detailing, style - spot on!
Going to have to pick them up ;D

Nice to see the retro armour types getting some WD love too

Wargamer

I'm sorry, what? The studded shoulder plate of Corvus armour provides "more protection"? Why, of course it does! I mean, it's not like those studs allow for less predictable ricochets, or the lack of a trim means that blows can just slide right off the shoulder toward the torso or face!

Clearly, Matt Ward is writing for GW still.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Rarity Declis

Quote from: Wargamer on August 29, 2013, 02:07:15 PM
I'm sorry, what? The studded shoulder plate of Corvus armour provides "more protection"? Why, of course it does! I mean, it's not like those studs allow for less predictable ricochets, or the lack of a trim means that blows can just slide right off the shoulder toward the torso or face!

Well, I imagine that if it doesn't have a trim, it means the shoulder pad is that thick all over, so it's a bit thicker, so it's a bit more protection as well as being specifically built to do so, rather than the previous Heresy Armour which is simply designed to be as quick to produce and as rag-tag as possible to scavenge.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Rarity Declis on August 29, 2013, 03:05:56 PM

Well, I imagine that if it doesn't have a trim, it means the shoulder pad is that thick all over, so it's a bit thicker, so it's a bit more protection as well as being specifically built to do so, rather than the previous Heresy Armour which is simply designed to be as quick to produce and as rag-tag as possible to scavenge.
Maybe it has better shielding or holy blessings than the other armors  :P

Narric

Quote from: Rarity Declis on August 29, 2013, 03:05:56 PM

Thicker armour doesn't stop a blade from sliding around.

The only way the studs grant more protection, is is they're intended to replace the Trimm, to prevent enemy blades sliding/glancing into the marines body/face. however, and opponent who know this, would simmple aim for the extreme edges of the shoulder pad, rendering the studs redundant.

I personally neverliked the studded shoulder pad pieces myself. They just felt, not fully made?