News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tau flyers. Are they worth it?

Started by The Man They Call Jayne, April 22, 2013, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

That just makes interceptor drones even better.

knightperson

Quote from: Chicop76 on April 23, 2013, 03:45:14 AM
The bomber to me is a better choice to take due to the same reasoning as knight person said.

my question does jink effect the drones. if done right the flyers can have a +3 jink save which is nice to have due to stealth. Also besides the skyray this is the only unit you have that can fire markerlight with skyfire. I am thinking that the bomber with the skyray would be nasty anti air and gives you 8 missles that deny cover saves. Although your stealth suit upgrade charac ter can have a marker light and can skyfire as well.

How are you getting that good a jink? Regular jink is a 5+, and the dis pod only gives you +1, doesn't it?
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

The Man They Call Jayne

It does now. Used to give Shrouded though. And with a Decoy Launcher we can get a 4++ against damage from Interceptor weapons.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Arguleon-veq

With the right upgrades the bomber is actually a better dog-fighter than the fighter so long as you are within 15'' of the target flyer, at longer than that the fighter edges it. The bomber is also better in a ground attack role, especially as you can drop a bomb and still shoot at a flyer letting you fill two roles at once.

Are they worth it though? No.

There are better ways to get anti air and anti ground into your lists that will be way more effective use of your points.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33