News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Eastward, Unto Dawn [RP Thread]

Started by Ravager Zero, May 02, 2012, 08:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El ShasOcho

"Sounds like a solid plan. I can begin scouting ahead, make sure we have the trail following the dark warriors."

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Will's on Fire

"Wha... I heard something loud." Zaag awoke, sitting bolt upright and looking around, instinctively reaching out for his crossbow.

"Do we have something to hunt?"

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Checking his gear over carefully, Murtan hadn't slept well, but hadn't really needed it having only been awake for about an hour before he found the ruined camp. He had awoken at the sound of the explosion and kept his eyes focussed on the sand around the area of the noise while the rest of the group made ready to depart.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Returning to the group with Dreylan and an armful of canteens, they were returned to their respective owners.

"If we are prepared, we should move out. Speaking from experience, staying in one place to long after being found is never a good idea. Do we have a direction of choice, or do we keep heading south?"
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Railgun Convention

There was a loud clank from under one of the trees as the Lion hauled himself up from his seated position.

"I'm game for south, but if the trackers can pick something up so much the better."
So how many crashes have I survived now?

Will's on Fire

Zaag looked up, having now finished packing his stuff, ready for the day ahead.

"Are we going to see what that was? Or avoid the bonewyrm like the plague?"

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

"Unless you fancy dying, I'd avoid the bonewyrm. It's distracted for now. I suggest we take advantage of that and make tracks while we can. I doubt it'd kill us all, but they're tough bastards and I'd really rather not face one again if I can help it."
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

"South is good, considering that was their route. I cannot think of any other significant landmarks along the way that would cause them to change course."

Salman gathered his gear, which was not much. As a guide he had learned it was better to travel light in the desert, mostly just carrying his weapons, food, and water, leaving other, nonessentials at home.

Vyper

Prae'tor took the remaining kimri that he had not eaten and stored them in one of his belt pouches.
Turning south, he looked to the others,
'Come, let us travel as far as we can while it is still dark.'

Ravager Zero

As the moons rose in the night sky, the eight began their trek across the desert, not knowing when they would next encounter food, water, or any sign of life. The stars above offered no clue as to what they might find, but to the tribesmen in the group, they told them that they were still headed south, in pursuit of the dark people. The ground was easy to cover, massive low lying ergs of pale sand. Plants were few, a handful of ankle high succulents, and a single flower of the white death lily.

The hours wore on, and the moons began to sink. If it weren't for their own footprints, the travellers could have sworn they were no further from the oasis than when they started. As it was, they were now seven leagues south of the camp. At least, the stars said it was south. No one had a compass, but the tribesmen were sure of the way, and assured the westerners that the sky could not lie to them. With the moons setting all eight began setting up camp, preparing rolls of cloth to use as shades, and smaller sheets to place on top of the sand.

There was time for a small meal, and some short conversation, but if they wanted to travel a full night, they would have to be asleep by dawn.
Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Will's on Fire

"Okay, looks like rest is sensible right now, lets get this food sorted and get rest as quickly as possible. Who wants first watch?"

InsaneTD

'I'll take first watch. Who wishes to join me?

Mabbz

"I will" Dreylan volunteered, before getting some of his rations out.

InsaneTD

Tarrik nodded to Dreylan and started getting his own rations out for a quick snack.

El ShasOcho

Taking out his rations, Salman squatted down and had a small meal. He was a bit tired, and decided he would prepare to sleep.