News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Zealot Miniatures - Blacksmith (The New Renaissance)

Started by Thantos, July 03, 2013, 02:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

Narric

Thantos, why isn't this a product on Zealot?

It looks freakin awesome!!

Thantos

Ha ive been sitting on the prototyped masters of that guy for like 2 years now. Hes about the size of your fist. Guess i forgot about him :P
Where did you find that? lol

Did him for as a futuristic robotic submarine drone. Was thinking WALL-E underwater

Narric

I'm on your LinkedIn :P

I assume the Motorbike model is the one you never made a rider for? Remove a few layers of armour, and you could use the "Pilot Girl" model :P

Thantos

Ha you should be a private investigator :P

Yea, was thinking of sculpting it in epoxy (apart from the helmet) when i get the time. Likely this summer when uni over :D
Duno if should go for a female rider with big biker boots, light sci fi armour and helmet. Or scifi male trooper based on WWII bikers.

At the moment, the riderless bike is available from a client's store who i sold the rights to produce it to. 15 quid though from them.

Pilot girl i sold unfortunately, so cant use any parts of that :/

Incoming demon spawn.

Chris

Dunno whether this is the place to put these... But figured it made sense!
I found my zealot pieces!

Knocked a sample using some of the conversion pieces I picked up... What do you reckon?

Thantos

Looks great Chris ;D Cool to see the parts in action!
Compared to how many go out the door, its surprising how few examples of peoples completed minis I see or get sent  :derp:

For your home brew chapter too?

Chris

Yus indeedy...
Unfortunately i found the helmet plumes a little too big at the back to go on straight with either the jump pack or normal back pack. They'll have to be saved for just the sergeants who can have a turny head...

Great stuff though mate! Keep going with them!

CoffeeGrunt

Hey Thantos, do you or anyone you know stock post-modern style scifi soldiers? I'm thinking like the ODSTs from Halo, to look like advanced, well equipped humans for my Tau. Really been struggling to find just the right models.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

Narric

I know a couple places myself.

Mad Robot Miniatures do a large range of IG suitable conversion parts.
Puppets War also have a pretty cool and Sci-fi-y unit of Humans.

I've also seen a few conversion guides floating around that'll allow you to use normal Lasguns to make cool weapons.

CoffeeGrunt

Ahhh, PuppetsWar! I remember stumbling across their Dragonfly and couldn't find it again. I definitely want one as a Valkyrie counts-as in the future. (The ultimate destiny of my Gue'vesa is to become a Guard force of their own when the new 'dex drops.)

Those rotor Jump Packs are excellent, and once I find the right armour/weapons, I'll be buying and building these straight away. Thanks, Narric!

Thantos

Or these from mantic perhaps?

Tom

Quote from: Thantos on February 19, 2014, 09:47:57 PM
Compared to how many go out the door, its surprising how few examples of peoples completed minis I see or get sent  :derp:
Rej got a couple of your bots not long ago and he's painted them and been playing them in his admech army ever since. Have you seen them yet? Here's a picture of one taking on another friend's riptide (which it duly chewed up in close combat):

Thantos

Ha awesome, havent seen those before :P Who won that standoff? Never knew Rej ordered.
If you place an order, mention your 2S username and ill see if i can find some extra bitz to add in for you ;)

CoffeeGrunt

Hmmm...on the fence about those Mantic miniatures. Don't really like the studded leather boots, or the face plate. On the other hand, the armour is cool, though I don't think the weapon would suit.

Man, I'm fussy...